Skip to content

Renaming Items in NWN/SOU/HOTU

Hi

Please can you let me know if we can rename items we create or enchant beyond their generic names e.g. "Dagger" or "Magic Wand"?

Also it would be good if we could change their written descriptions too :)

Thanks

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Probably but the module creator(s) would have to script that into the module. AFAIK it is not part of the core game or expansions.

TR
  • ricoyungricoyung Member Posts: 83
    I have seen this done on a PW server (scripted) and it worked good...IMO it would be an uber nice addition, not a necessity but a bonus indeed.
  • badstrrefbadstrref Member Posts: 124
    edited December 2018
    you can script a chat command, and extract the string and use it with SetName or SetDescription
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    If you're familiar with the "Pretty Good Character Creator" module from the vault, I went and basically imported all its areas into all of the official campaigns with a door to access it at specific places (usually near the beginning area of the module). While I don't use the level-up functionality, I do use the forge, which allows the renaming of items, along with being able to make custom gear.

Now its easy to get carried away and make uber game breaking items (assuming you have the gold on hand and don't use the free gold options), but if you can exercise self-control you could simply use the forge functionality to upgrade a favored item you find.

Like say you crafted the Namarra (neversleep) +2 in the original campaign but you are at the point in the module where +3 weapons are available, so instead of just buying a +3 rapier to replace your Namarra, you could spend that gold to instead upgrade it to +3 and rename it to reflect the new +3 value. That's the kind of stuff I use it for.