Skip to content

Planning an undead shifter

Lightmaker89Lightmaker89 Member Posts: 14
edited December 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I'm currently running a character on a level of 40 PW. I'm looking to make an alternate character to level when my friend is around. The general idea is that he'll be a shifter with undead shape. However, it's sort of difficult to plan out. I'm not sure if transforming into a risen Lord replaces your str/dex/con or enhances them, so I'm not sure weather to make this guy super weak or super strong. I'm also inclined to go the bear minimum number of druid/shifter levels possible, can that be effective? I want to be able to say "i can turn into a corpse, now I'm done with these classes". I'm also confused as to how the magic item situation will play out: As a risen Lord do I lose access to the bonuses granted by belts, amulets, etc?

I'm going to be evil so the ever popular LN druid/monk/shifter combo won't work and I want to throw in something cool. Would barbarian or blackguard work?

Comments

• badstrrefbadstrref Member Posts: 124
    edited December 2018
    Some info : http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Undead_shape

Barbarian 25 / 5 druid / 10 shifter is common
    it gives u full preepic base attack bonus, and fills up the missing str/con...

most undead shifter i've seen were 21+ constitution and packing tons of damage reductions, and regeneration on items - there is often not enough AC to avoid healing, unless some 25 monk with some ac, plus 35ish magic resist, but has low ab... then again a fast monk can spam some corner sneaking attacks with hide/ms
  • Lightmaker89Lightmaker89 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the reply. I'm still not understanding a couple things.

1) when items/weapons/armor "merge" into a form that means they cease to exist or confer any benefits during the transformation?

2) The risen Lord form says 21 Str, --- dex, 19 con. Am I correct in my assumption that this REPLACES your strength and con, leaving your Dex unaffected? In other words, weather your strength was originally 8 or 30 it is now 21? The answer to this has profound ramifications for my intended build as I am thinking of dumping STR.
  • fot1fot1 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2018
    1) When they "merge", it means you receive the benefits from the equipment. When they don't merge, is the same as if you shapeshift while having nothing on the slot.

2) It replaces your current strength/set it to 21. However, some risen lord builds gets STR in order to go for devasting critical feat, since it has strength requirements.