Skip to content

.cre file problem

KitannaKitanna Member Posts: 58
I don't know where to post this so i hope this is right. My computer for some reason started associating cre files with notepad. I went into the registry and deleted the notepad line from "open with" rebooted and still not working. I did a system restore to before it happened, nothing. I uninstalled BG2 deleted the folder and reinstalled and still nothing. I'm hoping someone here can tell me how to fix it.

Comments

• jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    I am unsure if this problem has been solved, but if I am understanding correctly, whenever you double-click the .cre file, notepad opens it up and it shows gibberish? You've also tried deselecting the application from the "Open With" option, but the .cre file still shows up using notepad? If so, I know that Windows 10 allows an option that uses the selected application to always open the specified file extension, perhaps that option has been selected for you? Although, I only use Near Infinity to open .cre files, and then EEKeeper from time to time.
  • KitannaKitanna Member Posts: 58
    I tried everything and nothing worked. so, I did a refresh on my computer and had to re-install every driver, game.... ugh. but it's fixed now.