Skip to content

Short sword of backstabbing vs blood iron

My thief has both swords (and uses the sword and shield combat mode), and the only notable advantage of the sword of backstabbing is its zero speed factor (vs one for blood iron). Does that justify keeping it or should I just sell it? It depends on how much of a difference speed factor makes when backstabbing I guess. :)

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    unless you have a modded sword of backing stabbing, blood iron will always deal more damage, and while backstabbing i want to say speed factor is irrelevant because you are always going to get that first hit in anyway, so i say go with the weapon that deals more damage
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2019
    OK, blood iron it is then (luckily my Thief is true neutral). Thanks!
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    to this day I do not understand why all the best short swords in IWD are locked behind evil alignment.

such a dick move
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2019
    Yeah blood iron is a nice weapon but doesn't work for all alignments :) Short Sword of backstabbing isn't that bad really, and will work for good aligned characters I guess...there are a few other +3/+4 ones that occur as random drops in the main game I think, which can be used by good aligned characters (one IIRC is called Short Sword of health and another the Sword of Days?), but they're hard to come by.

Blood Iron and Sword of Backstabbing are both guaranteed, although they occur in HOW, rather than the main game.