Skip to content

TobEx: 34

DanBoulosDanBoulos Member Posts: 146
edited July 2012 in Fixed
Current Behaviour:

Effect #166 “Magic Resistance Modifier” does not have a permanent timing setting

Expected Behaviour:

Effect #166 “Magic Resistance Modifier” has a permanent timing setting

Revision:

Support permanent timing setting, and clamp values
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited July 2012
    [Nvm]
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Confirmed Fixed for value clamping...?

I created two items- one that reduced, one that increased- Magic Resistance values by 150. Both worked without wrapping. However, the value created for -150 reduction was -128 while the value received for the +150 was 127.

As to the timing setting... dunno.
    Igneous
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited July 2012
    Confirmed Fixed for value clamping...?

I created two items- one that reduced, one that increased- Magic Resistance values by 150. Both worked without wrapping. However, the value created for -150 reduction was -128 while the value received for the +150 was 127.
    @Bhryaen
    Yes, that is correct. It is a signed byte, so those are the maximum and minimum values.

As to the timing setting... dunno.
    Yes, I must admit I am somewhat puzzled as well. The issue that prompted the ToBEx fix was that when parameter 2 = timing = 1, it would not stack with a other bonuses. That has been fixed in BGEE [1], but I am not sure if that is all of it, or even particularly relevant to the issue fixed by Dan.

1. Tested by making an item that granted a 10 % MR bonus with parameter 2 = timing = 1 and checking if that MR bonus stacked with the bonus from amul21 (5 %). The result is 15 % in EE and 10 % in vanilla ToB.
    BhryaenIgneousAndreaColombo