Skip to content

Fill your spell slots for me.

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
You have a mage, a cleric and a druid.
The progression is as follows:

Mage: 7/7/7/6/6/5/4/3/2
Cleric: 7/6/6/5/4/3/2
Druid: 7/6/6/5/4/3/2

I want to see how you fill your spell slots for an average unspecified day of adventuring in bg2.
The important part is the justification, so I and everyone else can benefit from your wisdom.

Comments

• HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    I play Cleric/Mage "Wondrous Recall" is nice if i need something level 5 or less Cleric or Mage.

Magic Missile, Chromatic Orb, Identify, Knock, Mirror Image, Dispel Magic, Fireball, Haste, Hold Person, Protection From xy, Greater Malison, Improved Invisibility, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere,Stoneskin,...

(that`s only Mage Lev 4 Spells -> Lev 5 and Cleric to lev 5 missing)

I can recall maybe enough to kill a Dragon with that "average unspecified day"
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Good grief. I don't think I have the time or willpower to finish this list out because it'd take me like 3 days of looking into spells and the like to really come up with one stationary answer.

I change my spells constantly. Rarely a day goes by in Baldur's Gate where I have not switched up my spells for the challenge at hand.

The only things I always, always, always have on my guys:

Stoneskin/Iron Skins
    Blur + Mirror Images for mages
    Armor of Faith + at least one Lesser Restoration for Clerics
    Breach/Ruby Ray of Reversal/Lower Magic Resist (basically always, always make sure I have a bunch of spells prepped to strip buffs off casters)

Summon Woodland Being is another spell I frequently make use of for druids. A level 4 spell that summons a creature with level 5-7 divine spells? Nerf now, plz.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    arcane caster has first lvl filled with chomatic orb in bg2 and with sleep in bg1, second lvl mirror images, third skull traps and one spell thrust, fourth stoneskins and spider spawn and Improved invisibility. Fifth lvl Breach and one cloudkill for umberhulks, sixth lvl improved haste and tenser's transformation and mislead for cheese. I wont go longer in this because i have played only 5times as a mage so dont know the rest so well but this is what my Blade normally looks like pretty much for some battles i have to change it a bit but not a lot.

Cleric first lvl doom druid entagle, second lvl Duhm and chant, third animate dead for cleric call lightning/dispel for druid, fourth lvl defensive harmony and poison (for druids poison switched to call woodland being), fifth lvl true seeing,chaotic commands for cleric iron skin and insects for druid, sixth lvl aerial servant and blade barrier for cleric for druids this is the most useless lvl in my oppinion but elementals for druid, sevents lvl GATE!!
  • _N8__N8_ Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2012
    Mage: Spell slots are pretty limited but okay, here's what I would bring to an average unspecified day:

1. Magic Missile x7
    2. Mirror Image x4, Melf's Acid Arrow x2, Resist Fear x1
    3. Skull Trap x3, Melf's Minute Meteor x3, Dispel Magic x1
    4. Stoneskin x2, Improved Invisibility x1, Greater Malison x1, Secret Word x2
    5. Chaos x2, Breach x2, Spell Immunity x1, Sunfire/Cone of Cold x1
    6. Flesh to Stone x3, Contingency x1, True Sight x1
    7. Finger of Death x2, Prismatic Spray x1, Sphere of Chaos x1
    8. Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting x3
    9. Spell Trap, Time Stop

Note: For defense all you really need is mirror images, stoneskin, spell trap, and a ring of fire resistance. Put a Mislead, Invisibility or Stoneskin in your Contingency.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    This post sounds dirty
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    edited October 2012
    "Heal/cure Minor Wounds" heals for exactly 1hp :)

• fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    edited October 2012
    My selection of Mage spells.

Alarm/Mount/Detect Secret Doors/Disguise Self/Jump
    Arcane Lock/Locate Object/Detect Thoughts/Spider Climb/Rope Trick
    Water Breathing/Tongues/Arcane Sight/Tiny Hut/Fly
    Minor Creation/Secure Shelter/Scrying/Illusory Wall/Hallucinatory Terrain
    FMT's Private Sanctum/Teleport/Secret Chest/Sending/Mirage Arcana
    Wall of Iron/Veil/Control Water/Move Earth/Guards and Wards
    FMT's Magnificent Mansion/Ethereal Jaunt/Forcecage/Reverse Gravity
    Discern Location/Temporal Stasis/Screen
    Etherealness/Astral Projection
  • CyricSpawnCyricSpawn Member Posts: 74
    I'm surprised nobody is really going with haste for Lvl 3
  • ArktosaArktosa Member Posts: 73
    @CyricSpawn I dont use haste because its dont work with free action.