Skip to content

Preventing Stat Drain

Tinkering with Nearinfinity I created some custom items for my characters in BG2EE, one of those items is an amulet that prevents all the negative status effects. The thing is that some of the bad status like the Stat Score Drain or the Mind Flayer Intelligence debuff use the Stat Bonus effect as a negative increment, if I add and imunity to the Stat Bonus I can prevent the stat drain but at the same time I can no longer get stat buffs, like the Strength spell or the like. I was wondering if there's a way to only prevent negative stats increments?

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    I don't think there is an easy way to do this. (Could probably be done with lots of mass patching but that means compatibility issues and install order worries..)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    The best you can do is blocking individual spells or items which apply these effects to the target (e.g. via opcode 206 or 318).
  • ellagartijoellagartijo Member Posts: 2
    argent77 said:

The best you can do is blocking individual spells or items which apply these effects to the target (e.g. via opcode 206 or 318).

The thing is that the stat drain is not caused by any spell, is actually a custom weapon. For example, the intelligence drain of the mind flayer is caused by a melee weapon with the effect Intelligence Bonus set at -5 increment and then adds the icon for the int drain and the display string, but is not an actual spell.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2019
    @ellagartijo

Opcode #318 works with ITMs :) (despite its name)
    semiticgoddessRaduzielGusinda