Skip to content

Pertification and pickpocketing.

Isn't it weird that you can pickpocket pertified people? Shouldn't the items be stone too?
JuliusBorisovDaevelonChroniclerKuronaZaghoul

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    xizor said:

Isn't it weird that you can pickpocket pertified people? Shouldn't the items be stone too?

You can?!? Thousands of playthrough and i didn't know... And yes, it's weird
    Kurona
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    It has never in my life occured to me to try.

Their clothes are stone. If you kill them they don't drop anything. That would seem to imply anything they're carrying has been petrified too.

Any notable loots you've noticed?
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Sounds like an oversight. I checked and the 2E handbook says that all worn/carried items turn to stone as well.

I had a long post prepared with regards to how petrification of worn clothes/items is iffy in artistic depictions. Some art shows it petrifying everything, some artists just depict the body itself petrifying and the clothes/items left unaltered. But then I checked the 2E handbook and decided to just not comment then.
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    edited January 2019
    Thanks for reporting it. I was always too petrified to try that!
    Balrog99sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

It has never in my life occured to me to try.

Their clothes are stone. If you kill them they don't drop anything. That would seem to imply anything they're carrying has been petrified too.

Any notable loots you've noticed?

there is only 6 petrified creatures in the game ( at least "loot" wise would go as far as i know ), all of which you can turn to flesh anyway ( only one of them make you lose REP IF you kill them when they arent petrifited )

so no cool loots from petrified homies via pick pocketing