Skip to content

Mar and Merriman go missing

I can't find these two characters at all and I've been playing for quite some time now. I began Mar's quest and he is nowhere to be found on his map at all. Merriman isn't no longer standing there either and I can't complete Dolora's quest.

Anyone else have this problem. I'm on iPad.
Teflon

Comments

• SkanksSkanks Member Posts: 16
    Mar I found hiding inside a little building and I couldn't see him till I walked inside it. Just make sure you go in.
    TeflonJuliusBorisov
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515

Try 5a area and how about using highlight function. Oh and merriman likes to wander.
    JuliusBorisovMontresor_SP
  • LooxLoox Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the help, I will continue to look. I'd love to let you know if I found them or not but I am stuck in some sort of Rubix cube at the moment LOL... and it looks like Dakky isn't going to make it out alive. (I'm a first time player, too)

I run past all the robots on hard level but they still seem to get a whack or two at Dak'kon before we can leave the room. I might actually have to make a pencil drawn map for this one... haven't done that since my Zork days.
    QueegonTeflon
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2017
    Yea the hard level has a total of 64 rooms (if i'm correct), making it somewhat difficult to navigate through.
  • LottiLotti Member Posts: 66
    In my current game I couldn't find Mar either. He was nowhere during darkness, but the next morning he was just standing in that location 5a.
    Teflon
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

Yea the hard level has a total of 64 rooms (if i'm correct), making it somewhat difficult to navigate through.

Well, 63 to be exact. It's an 8x8 matrix but one of them takes up two room spaces. :smile:
    karl_maulderTeflon
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Bearing in mind Nordom's Foyer is always entered from the left exit and EWC's room from the top exit, you can usually find you way around. I know that in my first runs I was using a graph paper and drawing the dungeon.
    Now I just run through while remembering where I've been already.

...because I leave thrash heaps behind.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    It is always possible that their sprite has disappeared. Drusilla disappeared on me when I got Ignus. Her words are still there, just not her body.
    TeflonQueegon
  • KingKing Member Posts: 2
    Did you visit the wards? I believe if you go to the lower ward without completing the quest, it fails and Mar is gone.
    Teflon
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515

It is always possible that their sprite has disappeared. Drusilla disappeared on me when I got Ignus. Her words are still there, just not her body.

Yep reported about 2 months ago, Bug #29878 :D
    themazingness
    Well, at least she's safe from Ignus :D
    Teflon
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Mordron maze:
    You don't really need to draw a map.
    Simply always enter the first available door in a clockwise direction and eventually you'll enter in every room.
    It's the trick for every labyrinth.
    Montresor_SP
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    I kinda don't want to enter every room when there are robots hitting me for 30 a piece.
    Teflon
    Pibaro said:

Mordron maze:
    You don't really need to draw a map.
    Simply always enter the first available door in a clockwise direction and eventually you'll enter in every room.
    It's the trick for every labyrinth.

I still would. Maps with square rooms are easy to draw. And it helps to remember which rooms have what doors, how many constructs you just ran past instead of killing, which paths have dead ends, etc. I don't bother on lower difficulties, but on hard it is worth it.
    TeflonGate70
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Let's just say my advice is not for people who can draw a map, but for players who can't.... like me when playing PSTEE on my iPad lying on my couch.
    And of course I always kill every enemy i find.
    If I need to rest, I just go back in counterclockwise direction until I reach the first room where I can rest.
  • trocotroco Member Posts: 3
    what you want to do if you encounter this in future is:
    1. hit pause (space)
    2. C:CreateCreature("MAR")
    3. you have to check where he spawns cuz due to the 'bug' he will disappear immidiately - u take your char there and (it all has to be paused) you spawn him near TNO and you start a conversation
    4. unpause
    5. profit