Skip to content

Problem with NearInfinity

ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
edited October 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Hay I'm having a serious Issue right now with Near Infinity.

I'm trying to create new Items by editing old ones (Make a new Magic Shield by copying the "Buckler +1" file and adding fire resistance, for example)

Now the Problem is that I can't copy items!
For some reason when I try to "Add copy of" a file, a naming pop up appears but no matter what I try to name it I get a error reading "Error while copying".

Any Help resolving this would be awesome :)

BTW: I'm using windows 7 (Near-infinity ver.1.32 + Java 32bit.) and any other general advice using Near Infinity would be great.

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I have no idea. My first thought is... is all this stuff installed in your Program Files folder? It could make it realllly hard to copy files, edit files, and make new files.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Just look up the name of the item you want to copy, find it in your override folder (or export it if it isn't there already), and manually copy that file using regular windows 7 explorer. Rename it to whatever you want, and then if you refresh the file tree in NearInfinity, it should show up.

Also, just in case you didn't do so already, keep BG filenames to eight letters/numbers or less.