Skip to content

Broken Minor Spell Sequencer

In ToB, and whenever Aerie tries to cast minor sequencer, I get an error that says "You cannot cast multiple instances of the same contingency spell on yourself." I have it set to cast two sets of Doom. So I'm like, ok, maybe it won't let me cast Doom twice. I'll change that. But I can't seem to change the spells? This looks different since the update. How do you change your sequencer spells and if I can't cast the same spell then maybe it shouldn't have let me assign it twice?

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Do you still have a minor sequencer prepared? If so, you need to use it before you can set up a new one.

If not, did you have a minor sequencer for Aerie before? Sometimes it is not consumed properly, which leads to you not having the ability to trigger it but the game still thinks you have one and lets you not set up a new one. If this is the case you might have to remove some spell effects on you with EEkeeper.

All this knowledge might be slightly out of date.
    TraumaDrama
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    edited February 2019
    Ctrl R would remove any left-over sequencers.
  • TraumaDramaTraumaDrama Member Posts: 56
    I think there's a good chance I cast the spell but didn't use the ability, so that might be the case. Also, I'm playing this on my Android, so no Control R-ing for me.

I tried downloading EEkeeper on my phone at some point, and it didn't work. Then I downloaded it onto my computer and uploaded a save, but it seemed to want the actual game file. Am I screwed?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    If you haven't used the previous sequencer, can't you just do that? If there is some sort of corruption (and I have seen that sort of problem with sequencers before), you could try killing Aerie and raising her.
    TraumaDrama
  • TraumaDramaTraumaDrama Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2019
    When I cast the spell, it gives me an error message and no ability button pops up. But I'll try murder.

Edited to add: murder worked! Thanks!
    Grond0