Skip to content

why did solar, planetar and deva wings become yellow?

I liked the orange wings why did you change them

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Did they use to be yellow? I don't recall that. Do you have a comparison screenshot?
  • chengda85chengda85 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2019
    they used to be orange, see here I just started playing BG2EE and noticed they changed to a yellow color, why :/
    Now we just need an EE screenshot to compare.
    here fcrp42suvq5y.jpg
    ThacoBell
    The color balance in both screenshots look very different across the board.
    lolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Can it be a 1PP thing? IIRC, 1PP fixes an issue with those animations’ transparency and the EEs integrated over 90% of that mod. No idea if wing color is affected; been forever since my last playthrough.

@Gwendolyne , this something you’re familiar with?
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited February 2019
    @AndreaColombo Yes, comparing the bam files for IA update, I noticed that solar wings have different colors: yellow in BG2EE and orange in BGEE.

That's one of the points that need to be discussed in the incoming days: revert them back to the vanilla games colors or provide a customization option to let the player make its own choice (keep the different colorization, harmonize them to yellow or orange...).

There are other weird things like that that need a consensus. ;)

Edit: and solar wings have always been yellow in classical games. Orange ones are a BGEE feature.
    Post edited by Gwendolyne on
    AndreaColombololien
    @Gwendolyne "Edit: and solar wings have always been yellow in classical games. Orange ones are a BGEE feature."

Okay, this confuses me. The claim of the op was that the old color was orange and the NEW color is yellow. The screenshots provided seem to support this.
    edited February 2019
    It is just because BGEE was released before BG2EE and BG2EE uses the original files (yellow wings). And BG2-ToB was released many many years before BGEE. ;)

For people like me who have played the BG saga since the very beginning, the NEW color is indeed the orange one, and hurts their eyes, if not their pleasure. But it is no more than a matter of taste. ;)

Anyway, the new IA release will fix it.
    AndreaColombo
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    f76aw1ttlvgm.jpg
    A screenshot from 2008.

With Irenicus in the party, that is a modded game of course. But I don't think I have ever actively used anything that would change the color of the Solar's wings.
    edited February 2019
    Very strange.

I use the same install still the beginning, saved in a USB drive. And my install is clean (unmoded). I will investigate my ancient files to see where it comes from, maybe an artifact from an unreleased (or disappeared) mod that I liked and kept... Or from one of the many old animation patch projects that was never released, and dug up by the devs...

Anyway, the new IA update will offer the choice to install either the orange or the yellow wings.

AndreaColombo
    Gwendolyne wrote: »
    @AndreaColombo Yes, comparing the bam files for IA update, I noticed that solar wings have different colors: yellow in BG2EE and orange in BGEE.

That's one of the points that need to be discussed in the incoming days: revert them back to the vanilla games colors or provide a customization option to let the player make its own choice (keep the different colorization, harmonize them to yellow or orange...).

There are other weird things like that that need a consensus. ;)

Edit: and solar wings have always been yellow in classical games. Orange ones are a BGEE feature.

no I'm 100% sure solar wings were orange in classic BG2, I played it a lot back in the early 2000
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Gwendolyne "Edit: and solar wings have always been yellow in classical games. Orange ones are a BGEE feature."

Okay, this confuses me. The claim of the op was that the old color was orange and the NEW color is yellow. The screenshots provided seem to support this.

that is correct, old is orange, I'm very sure.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Looking at these screenshots, I finally understand why it has become so difficult to hide the faces of my characters behind (de)buff symbols. There used to be three symbols per line, and now it's 4.
    Beamdog increased my workload!
    ThacoBellKuronagorgonzola