Skip to content

Where To Find New NPCs

MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
Where are we expecting to find Rasaad, Neera and Dorn?

I think we should be coming across them quite early in the game. One of my favourite characters Tiax was never available until late it the game which was always frustrating for me. I expect to find one of them in the Friendly Arm Inn, Maybe another in Beregost and Nashkel?

Comments

• PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Two of them have their own locations - don't know about Dorn.
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    What do you mean by their own locations? new areas on the world map? Can you link where you read about this please?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    They have new areas associated with their questlines, yes, but I really doubt we'll find them there.
    scriver said:

They have new areas associated with their questlines, yes, but I really doubt we'll find them there.

Where do you think we will find them?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited October 2012

What do you mean by their own locations? new areas on the world map? Can you link where you read about this please?

@MikeMasters you might want to check Neeras and Rasaads Profile at www.baldursgate.com

• The Wild Mage Neera, a new NPC to join your party
    • An engaging romantic adventure
    • Up to four hours of additional gameplay
    • New area: a secluded hideaway northeast of Durlag's Tower

• The Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, a new NPC to join your party
    • A new playable adventure
    • New area: the Cloud Peaks

According to the Pictures I think that Dorn can be found at a south east area that filled with gibbelrings, but thats just a speculation.

Also I read on another thread that you pick up Rasaad at Nashkel, I will search for it

@mch202 you think we will have to travel to the new areas to find them? I thought it was just where their quests would take place
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

@mch202 you think we will have to travel to the new areas to find them? I thought it was just where their quests would take place

I believe you are most likely correct.

I recall seeing somewhere that Rasaad would likely be found in Nashkel or its Carnival. Hmm.
    @Koson Awesome, thanks for clearing that up!
  • UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48
    What I would like to know is how we get to these new places? Is there actually any room for it to appear on the map?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

What I would like to know is how we get to these new places? Is there actually any room for it to appear on the map?

Simple: just press one of the buttons on the side of your Power Rangers wristwatch. ZIP-WHOOP! You'll be there in no time (or nearly no time; you might have to wait until the end of the commercial break).
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

There will be a new world map so room is not an issue. And I believe you will get there both by quest and free exploration.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    mch202 said:

There will be a new world map so room is not an issue. And I believe you will get there both by quest and free exploration.

There were some free spots left on the original map, specially on the corners!
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Koson said:

It is said in Rasaad's info on the main site that he is in Nashkel.

Rasaad is a Calishite Monk demonstrating his monastic arts to the people of Nashkel.

First thing I thought of when I saw this was he would be demonstrating at the Nashkel Carnival (rather than in town)
  • Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94

One of my favourite characters Tiax was never available until late it the game which was always frustrating for me.

Do you know that there are mods that change locations of the late game NPCs so you can pick them up earlier? Tiax I believe is moved to Beregost.

@Lord_Gay I never knew that, I only played the mod which let you keep Tiax in BG2. Whats the BG1 Mod called? Any idea if it will be maintained for BG:EE?
    @Wanderon I agree, I personally will be looking to al 3 new NPCs as soon as possible :)
    Lord_Gay said:

One of my favourite characters Tiax was never available until late it the game which was always frustrating for me.

Do you know that there are mods that change locations of the late game NPCs so you can pick them up earlier? Tiax I believe is moved to Beregost.

That mod was kinda cool but irked me a little too. Some of them totally can be moved, because they're not attached to anything (Tiax, Quayle), but others it totally matters. They were smart enough to keep Skie, Yeslick, and Xan in their spots but I believe they moved, say, Coran, which kind of ruins his quest a little.
  • Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94

@Lord_Gay I never knew that, I only played the mod which let you keep Tiax in BG2. Whats the BG1 Mod called? Any idea if it will be maintained for BG:EE?

From the Sword Coast Strategems (SCS) readme:

------------------
    The "move NPCs to more convenient locations" component overlaps harmlessly with the move-NPCs components of BG1 NPC. (They move Alora, Eldoth, Tiax and Quayle; we move Eldoth, Tiax, Quayle, Viconia and Shar-Teel).
    ------------------

EIther SCS or BG1NPC will give you Tiax, Mike.