Skip to content

Wrong behaviour of conjured elementals

The descriptions of the Conjure elemental spells say:
The elemental is locked into a psychic contest with the caster for 3 rounds after being summoned. [...] Every time this spell is cast, there is a 15% chance that the elemental will escape the instructions of the caster, go berserk, and attack the wizard who dared summon it.
It doesn't look like any of this actually happens. When I summon an elemental, my mage is locked for three rounds, but the elemental is not, I can give it orders straight away. Also, I have used these spells about a hundred times, but I have never seen an elemental turn hostile.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Controlling the elemental while in psychic contest is true in the EE version, but they do turn hostile should the % go against you.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i just checked up summon earth elemental ( level 6 wizard spell ) and by the looks of it, as soon as the elemental gets summoned it is set to ally, hence the reason why you can control it right away ( it should be set to something else aka uncontrollable or something )

plus the 15% chance that the elemental will go hostile after the 3 rounds script is still in effect

what might be happening is that if you are taking control of the elemental while your wizard is mental combating and making the elemental do things, it could be messing up the "15% chance to go hostile" script