Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Costume Party - Who Would You Be?

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
The best idea that I have devised. If there was a Baldur's Gate themed costume party, who would you go as and why?

I would go as The Slayer to scare people.

Biscuit to anybody who works out how many people would go as Minsc.

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I'm not tall/large/bald enough to be a Minsc sadly... Probably Xan.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I'd want to go as Sarevok, but I'd probably end up going as Garrick.

/sigh
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited July 2012
    Good question, I'll have to think about it. Can we pick anyone, or are our real life physical attribute something we should take into consideration (as @Iansounet has done)?

Whoever's able to make a realistic costume Sarevok armor needs some props. That's possibly the coolest bad guy armor ever seen in a fantasy game.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    I'd go as Edwin, nothing beats his cynic and sarcastic comments.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I´d come as a gnoll and munch away the whole buffet!
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @AndreasColombo

You can go as anything you like, doesn't matter about your physical attributes. :D
  • AvengingExileAvengingExile Member Posts: 33
    I'd go as Kivan. Archers are sexy and currently very hip. I've also always had a love for Robin Hood, so it all goes together well.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    I would just show up without a costume as the great CHARNAME, the son of Bhaal! ;)
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Or I might show up as a bandit and make sure to go up to everyone to tell them the story of a time when I kicked some guy in the head until he was dead.
  • ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    edited July 2012
    Visually I would like to come as Boo. But I think the costume will be most uncomfortable.
    Or maybe a half-Boo/half human costume. Yeah that's it. Boo head ears, furry Boo gloves, furry Boo boots, furry Boo shirt, furry Boot short with a little Boo tail.
    That's it! (≧ω≦)
    Post edited by Elys on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Volo. Solely so that I could drink and then speak elaborate tales of my (mis)adventures.
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    I'd bring a friend and we would go as Carbos and Shank. At the party we would each go to separate (and empty) rooms (storage areas or stables preferably but we'd settle for bedrooms and bathrooms too) and attempt to assassinate anyone who enters after first asking them probing questions about their relation to a "Gorion".
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited July 2012
    Xan. I sound like him already, just need to find purple robes and a flaming blue sword. Finding a flaming blue sword might be problematic.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Visually I would like to come as Boo. But I think the costume will be most uncomfortable.
    Or maybe a half-Boo/half human costume. Yeah that's it. Boo head ears, furry Boo gloves, furry Boo boots, furry Boo shirt, furry Boot short with a little Boo tail.
    That's it! (≧ω≦)
    Hmm, a human-sized miniature giant space hamster...

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited July 2012
    Xan. I sound like him already, just need to find purple robes and a flaming blue sword. Finding a flaming blue sword might be problematic.
    Get one of the blue lightsaber replicas for the sword, maybe. Doing up the hilt to make it look like a sword hilt might be a problem. Maybe a costume sword with a whole lot of colored streamers glued on, or wrap it in blue foil gift-wrapping paper.

I'm big enough to be Minsc, but I don't have the personality for it. I'd be a little concerned that somebody might try to carry a live hamster with them, because I don't think the poor creature would be having a very good time, and it would bring up cruelty issues. Any Minsc wannabes, *please* find some kind of stuffed animal to carry.

I might go as Elminster if I could find red robe and hat, and If I could stand the beard. I'd probably wind up doing Xan, though, because the wig would be less uncomfortable than a glue on beard, and since I usually don't have a good time at parties anyway, I could maybe get people to laugh by doing variations on the lines. "This party is doomed. Big crowds make me feel...insignificant. Sigh. Life is *so* hollow." Yep, that's me at a party. LOL
    @belgarathmth

I just got the mental image of Elminister sloshed good and well drunk, with half naked elves in his arms lying on a beanie bag.

Damn this is turning out to be a good party!
  • vindolandiavindolandia Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    Imoen for sure, but not whiny moaning BG2 Imoen. I'd run around all night saying "Heya" and "Psst, over here" to everyone. And then leave with "I've done had enough of this"

Or bring a friend and be Gazib and Oopah
    Thumbs up for BG1 Imoen!
  • Jaxx86Jaxx86 Member Posts: 26
    I would be Korgan wielding a plastic axe with a string attached... it can come back to me after I throw it.
  • AsmodiasAsmodias Member Posts: 22
    As my profile pic indicates, Tiax. It suits me pretty well. If I was bigger, then probably Sarevok.
    Or brave, brave Sir Garrick.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'd go as half-ogre #6 "me will crush!"
    I'm still undecided between Noober and Demogorgon.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I'm still undecided between Noober and Demogorgon.
    Easy. Noobergorgon.

Now I'm undecided between Noobergorgon and Demonoober.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Thalantyr.

Although, come to think of it, Melicamp would be more fun. And a chicken suit is a costume one could actually find.
    @AndreaColombo

Heya, you do not know who you face, mortal. Are you going to confront Noobergorgon, Prince of Spammz0r.

How about now?
    How about now?
    How about now?
  • RingoRingo Member Posts: 39
    Eldoth. I could act like a jerk and people would just think I was roleplaying.
  • masterdesbaxtermasterdesbaxter Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2012
    Well, I've got a friend who's relatively short, so we could go as Xzar and Montaron. They're just so very fun.
  • bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    Awww, someone beat me to Noober...

Jan Jansen, at your service!