Skip to content

Bone Marrow Belt cursed?

LeaderBeeLeaderBee Member Posts: 27
Bone Marrow Belt in severed hand - It killed my dwarf when I put it on. Is this normal?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    That is not normal. It isn't cursed.
    fficxiza8xgk.png
  • LeaderBeeLeaderBee Member Posts: 27
    I didn't think it was so it must have been a status effect I had prior to wearing it that I hadn't noticed, only, I'm sure I didn't have any and he had full health when he died. Will have to reload and try again
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2019
    The belt's -2 penalty to Charisma could have dropped it down to 0, which would instantly kill your dwarf if it had a charisma of 2 or below.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    thats the thing about IWD, the developers were a bit sneaky when they made some items, making it so that you would lose charisma if you wore it, to help mitigate the "min" "max" making of characters

so with that said characters with 6 cha on average should be good, and even with fighter types, unless they cast spells, there is no real reason to have INT or WIS above if necessary
    Bubb wrote: »
    The belt's -2 penalty to Charisma could have dropped it down to 0, which would instantly kill your dwarf if it had a charisma of 2 or below.

Shit. Really? I'm not 100% on what my stats we're but that sounds like the most probable cause - a bit shitty not to let players know that a stat of 0 would kill you though, unless I missed this this tidbit?
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    If it IS the Charisma causing it, that's hilarious. XD It wasn't until 3rd Edition that the rules introduced a "Characters with 0 Charisma lapse into a permanent catatonic state, having SO little sense of self that they are not even aware of their own existence." caveat.

But yeah, since Dwarves have a -1 penalty to Charisma and the minimum you can start with is 3, if you already had 2 Charisma I suppose it's possible!
    Well here's your problem7jckkpuaeox5.png
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    With a Charisma like that, his name should be "Odin BreaththatcouldslayaWighttwiceover". XD