Skip to content

Melicamp Quest

I always thought it was odd that if you talk to Melicamp *before* you meet Thalantyr, you can't trigger the quest. He simply squawks help at you over and over. However, once you've met Thalantyr he can give you the quest, but proceeds to explain who Thalantyr is and where he can be found. Not sure why you have to have met the guy already. Kind of odd.
ZaghoulZaxares

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited April 2019
    That is not consistent with my experience. After you've killed the wolf, he still won't talk to you?

Edit: The condition for his "CLUUUUUUCK! Bwaaaaaa!" and "Buc-becaw! HELLLLP-becaw!" dialogue subtree is !Dead("ChickenWolf").
    ThacoBellronaldo
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, I always go grab Melicamp before heading to High Hedge the first time. Melicamp should still give you the quest.
    HaHaCharade
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    HaHaCharade has the solution. Melicamp will not talk to you until the wolf that is stalking him (it should be nearby where you first found Melicamp) is dead. Depending on which direction you entered the map, you may run into the wolf before you even see Melicamp.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Oh yeah, I bet that's it. If you approach the map from The High Hedge, you spawn at the top, with the wolf between you and Melicamp.

Where when they forwent visiting Thalantyr, they presumably approached from a different direction, and missed the wolf.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    On the subject of the Melicamp quest, have the odds of success changed in BG:EE? IIRC, in the original BG, the usual outcome was failure whereas the anti-chicken spell has never failed in any of my BG:EE playthroughs. Or am I just getting lucky now?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    It's always been 50%. Sounds like you had an unlucky streak and then a lucky one.
    ThacoBellTressetBalrog99