Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2 Watcher's Keep dialogue skip issue

There were several times during my attempts of getting through Watcher's Keep when dialogue skipped and was forcibly closed.

First issue was when in Labyrinth there should be a dialogue and play with drawing cards from the Deck of Many Things. Because of the bug I could only proceed through by killing everyone in the room.

However this problem became even worse when I reached Demogorgon. In short - when I click "Continue" after two phrases dialogue window closes and Demogorgon doesn't appear.

Link to video:
https://youtu.be/B4DCKtduJ2c

Reloading save or reloading game didn't help at all.

Save file is attached to the post. I believe it's somewhere at the Chapter 7 in Sundanesselar (or how that elf city is named). I believe this shouldn't be much of an issue to travel to Watcher's Keep from there.

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2019
    Interesting, I helped someone else with this issue here

No idea how, but I've confirmed that your game thinks its in ToB, (chapter being 8), when in reality you are still in SoA. Fix should be the same console command as before:
    C:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)

Or, if you have experience with EEKeeper, you can also change the "Chapter" Global to 7 that way.

I've attached an edited version of your save that should be fixed -

Out of curiosity, did you use commands to go back to SoA from ToB, or otherwise mess with the chapters? Weird that two people have experienced the same bug; there must be a way to break the sequence of events.
  • Omega_EnvychOmega_Envych Member Posts: 3
    Bubb wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, did you use commands to go back to SoA from ToB, or otherwise mess with the chapters? Weird that two people have experienced the same bug; there must be a way to break the sequence of events.

If there was any sequence break, it's not one that I've noticed. Only changes I was making, was shift to Story Mode and back from time to time when combat was getting more annoying than challenging. So in these words, I've been playing game normally.

Fix seems to work, at least I was able to proceed with dialogue on edited Save. Not sure, what happened and why game thought I was on ToB... Only thing I can think of - I was playing this Character through the first game and partially through Siege of Dragonspear and then I skipped SoD's part (not sure which chapter though) and went to SoA immideately. Could that be the case?

In any case, thank you for help!

• Omega_EnvychOmega_Envych Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2019
    Yes, after checking and re-checking everything seems to work as intended... Looks like issue is fixed