Skip to content

Would a good gorion's ward raid the catacombs under candlekeep?

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
I think that actually raiding these would not be done by someone that respects death. But... I'm not totally sure.

It also becomes worse because when I was teleported by Tethoril he asked me to not touch anything and that he was doing a favor to Gorion by saving me. So the question is: would a good charname actually raid these catacombs, or would he avoid it?

What would be the justification used by a CG charname doing it and LG charname doing it?

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I think he means just the library part when you get there. The tombs are free for all of you would ask me
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    The library part, you mean the area where you get "teleported" to by him? The area before the catacombs?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Or you could just roleplay as a good aligned kleptomaniac who can't differentiate between his property and the property of others. All without a single ounce of greed to boot.
    Gusinda
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I try not to criticise Charname in this matter. dz7zo7sjdr62.jpg
    sarevok57ArviaBalrog99Calmar
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Or you could just roleplay as a good aligned kleptomaniac who can't differentiate between his property and the property of others. All without a single ounce of greed to boot.

Like Tasselhof Burrfoot?
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    You can invent a roleplayed justification for just about everything, but I can't imagine a lawful good character plundering graves. I tried once, in another situation, and it made me feel bad to just take a single potion that I needed, so I went and put it back. But I realize that most people don't identify with their in-game behaviour as much as I do.

I ask myself: Would I do this in real life? (assuming I had the same powers, of course) If the answer is no, I don't do it.
    Isewein
    Maybe it is all because if I'm not the raze them, it will be others. And these others would do way more harm than me, with these things.

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Arvia wrote: »
    You can invent a roleplayed justification for just about everything, but I can't imagine a lawful good character plundering graves. I tried once, in another situation, and it made me feel bad to just take a single potion that I needed, so I went and put it back. But I realize that most people don't identify with their in-game behaviour as much as I do.

I ask myself: Would I do this in real life? (assuming I had the same powers, of course) If the answer is no, I don't do it.

I don't know, if in real life there could be a magical book that raises my strength with no effort hidden in a sarcophagus, why not open it? In my true reality all I'd find is either a bunch of bones or a mummified body with maybe a piece of jewelry or something. The bones or body wouldn't bother me, but the miniscule chance of reward would mean it isn't worth the effort...
    ThacoBell
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    I mean, in real life I wouldn't take a potion in a coffin because I'd probably get infected from it. In a world where canonically minor spells like Detect Magic exist, so I could figure out if there's anything magical in the tombs... Unless I know someone else has a claim on the tombs already...

Adventuring is just graverobbing anyways, it just so happens that so very often you're creating the graves and they're very, very shallow. :tongue:
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessElysianEchoesIsewein
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Just leave some IOUs in place of the loot. If the dead ever do wake up and wonder where their stuff disappeared to, they know to come to you.

But quite frankly, apart from the undead already walking around, there is also a pile of corpses, where somebody apparently dumped a bunch of bodies as if they were garbage.
    I always kill the undead and then roleplay that the party cleric purifies the place. The loot is then taken as my reward.
    edited May 2019
    There is an explanation I was able to give myself and they are thanks to a thing I've discovered some weeks ago.

Candlekeep catacombs are guarded by a Dragon, from what I remember. I wasn't able to find its name, but there is a chance he may turn out to be evil and malevolent. I can't accept the risk of dieing.

This is the dragon I'm referring to: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Miirym
    Skatan
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    That is why I very rarely play good alignment pc. I am a loot fanatic. I have to rob and plunder everyone and everything.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I always look at it as Candlekeep is under a major attack. I need all the items and help I can to get rid of all the troublemakers before the place turns into one big doppleganger motel.
    StummvonBordwehrBalrog99kansasbarbarian