Comments

• SushiandreSushiandre Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, I will check everything ;)
  • badstappbadstapp Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2018

The two things I'd suggest checking are 1) your wav files -

-----------------------------
    Hi good evening!

I was talking to Jarno Mikkola before my abscence 8 years from BG series, he sent me to Spellhold Forum, but from there i could not contact you to answer sound set questions =D. Would mind answer these questions?

My Goal: Know the order to save my custom sound set (if possible to all found on SNDSLOT.IDS), so the voice played will match the activity of my character in game

1) Is it possible to Subtittle the CHARNAME when he does actions, with this MOD?
    (http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1104-awesome-soundsets-vol-0-soundset-mod-shell/)

2)...if no (to be honest i hope to it will be easier), in the past i recorded some sounds (Example1: Thiagoa, Thiagob, Thiagoc) put on the BG folder and actually they played in game, but they were "misnamed", so Thiago's actions did not match the sounds, result was incorret (i checked the SNDSLOT.IDS, but as your Ajantis.tra example, you changed the names of the sounds...so i got confused)...how do i know the correct sound order to save the wav files for BG1, BGToSC, BG2 SoA, BG2 ToB ?

Example - SNDSLOT.IDS file - Position 22 - Area City = sound code "Thiagoo" (o letter at end)
    - Ajantis.tra file - Position 22 - Rare Selected = Sound code "ajantis_"

Below is the SNDSLOT.IDS FILE (it is really confusing me how to match this with the sound files names to be played)

IDS V1.0
    0 INITIAL_MEETING
    1 MORALE
    2 HAPPY
    3 UNHAPPY_ANNOYED
    4 UNHAPPY_SERIOUS
    5 UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT
    6 LEADER
    7 TIRED
    8 BORED
    9 BATTLE_CRY1
    10 BATTLE_CRY2
    11 BATTLE_CRY3
    12 BATTLE_CRY4
    13 BATTLE_CRY5
    14 ATTACK1
    15 ATTACK2
    16 ATTACK3
    17 ATTACK4
    18 DAMAGE
    19 DYING
    20 HURT
    21 AREA_FOREST
    22 AREA_CITY
    23 AREA_DUNGEON
    24 AREA_DAY
    25 AREA_NIGHT
    26 SELECT_COMMON1
    27 SELECT_COMMON2
    28 SELECT_COMMON3
    29 SELECT_COMMON4
    30 SELECT_COMMON5
    31 SELECT_COMMON6
    32 SELECT_ACTION1
    33 SELECT_ACTION2
    34 SELECT_ACTION3
    35 SELECT_ACTION4
    36 SELECT_ACTION5
    37 SELECT_ACTION6
    38 SELECT_ACTION7
    39 INTERACTION1
    40 INTERACTION2
    41 INTERACTION3
    42 INTERACTION4
    43 INTERACTION5
    44 INSULT
    47 COMPLIMENT1
    48 COMPLIMENT2
    49 COMPLIMENT3
    50 SPECIAL1
    51 SPECIAL2
    52 SPECIAL3
    53 REACT_TO_DIE_GENERAL
    54 REACT_TO_DIE_SPECIFIC
    55 MISCELLANEOUS
    55 RESPONSE_TO_COMPLIMENT1
    56 RESPONSE_TO_COMPLIMENT2
    57 RESPONSE_TO_COMPLIMENT3
    58 RESPONSE_TO_INSULT1
    59 RESPONSE_TO_INSULT2
    60 RESPONSE_TO_INSULT3
    61 DIALOG_HOSTILE
    62 DIALOG_DEFAULT
    63 SELECT_RARE1
    64 SELECT_RARE2
    65 CRITICAL_HIT
    66 CRITICAL_MISS
    67 TARGET_IMMUNE
    68 INVENTORY_FULL
    69 PICKED_POCKET
    70 EXISTANCE1
    71 EXISTANCE2
    72 EXISTANCE3
    73 EXISTANCE4
    74 EXISTANCE5
    70 HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS
    71 SPELL_DISRUPTED
    72 SET_A_TRAP

3) If i don't want at all subtitlle, just my my CHARNAME to play NO sound on one specific position, it is enough to just not create and don't put on the sound folder of BG?

my mods installed (to see compatibility): http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29352&p=260221

Thanks a lot if you could help me, sorry if the post is on wrong section i could not put the url from other forums, i just reestarted to play and search 2 weeks ago
  • cjhrjone54cjhrjone54 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    *bumpity bump*

Apologies for said bump but I am in need of assistance regarding this mod. I've followed your readme to the letter and I believe I've set everything up correctly - subtitled/edited the .TRA file, created custom sounds in the right format, etc. - and everything looks fine. Installing my soundset gives me no problems, and playing back the soundset with the sound selection menu and placing it on a character all works fine with no major issues. But this where it gets complicated.

The soundset is set up correctly - that is, each sound is matching with the action performed. However, the selection sounds almost always do not trigger, and when they do, they - and the other sounds with them - do not display the appropriate subtitles.

It seems that the sounds played are providing me subtitles for certain Siege of Dragonspear items. One of them being Soft Feet along with its item description, whilst another will be the Robe of Netheril, along with that item description. Now whilst this is somewhat humorous, it is also obviously inconvenient. Screenshots included in this post.

Now for an obvious answer to an inevitable question, no I do not have any other mods installed and yes I do have the Siege of Dragonspear DLC added. Is it possible that SoD's data is crossing into the soundset/subtitle data? How would that even be possible?

As for the selection sounds not working practically at all, I have no idea. They play fine in the sound selection menu, but not after being placed on a character. For the moment, all the other sounds seem to play fine in accordance with the respected action performed. It's only the selection sounds and the subtitles that are the issue.

TIA x

*I should note that none of the other base-game subtitles are having this issue. This is only occurring with the custom soundset I'm trying to add.

(here's the screenshots - note the subtitles)
    7fklz95iddz9.png
    ^ This and the "Soft Feet" are two of three incorrect subtitle displays when performing a neutral action. The third possible display shows me the item name for the "Robe of Netheril"

6ntzbs1ba56i.png
    ^ The item description for "Soft Feet" displays when taking damage

bagj4q1ms2i8.png
    ^ "Cornugan's Revenge +2" displays when close to death

* Those are just three instances. I'm yet to come across any others anomalies should they exist at all.

Update- Becoming fatigued prompts the name "Crown of Lies" in subtitles, whilst idling provides its description. I'm beginning to sense a pattern here.
    Post edited by cjhrjone54 on
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2019
    @cjhrjone54

Been a while since I messed with this but It sounds to me like you need to run modmerge first. SoDs dialogue is packed up basically and needs to be expanded or all the string references end up pointing at the wrong thing.

The order is with SOD loaded is:
    1. Install BGEE.
    2. Install SoD.
    3. Run Modmerge.
    4. Install mods.

Modmerge is what makes BGEE + SoD moddable by expanding the dialogue out.
  • cjhrjone54cjhrjone54 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2019
    @smeagolheart
    Thanks for getting back to me.

I ran Modmerge and it seems to have done what it's supposed to. I then tried installing the soundset but now its giving me the following error:
    Cannot append column-wise because there are 48 lines in CHARSND.2da but I was only given 28 things to append

I haven't changed any other files since running Modmerge.

--UPDATE--

After doing a bit of research it seems like the problem with custom soundsets not playing properly has been around for a few years now. I discovered that you can simply place a custom soundset under lang/en_US/sounds in your BG:EE installation directory (or whatever other language you're playing the game in), however even this method doesn't work and gives me the same result with some sounds not playing properly. In addition, this also doesn't show any soundset-specific subtitles, but is still of course an easier workaround. This also appeared to be a problem long before SoD was even announced (late 2012), but the introduction of new DLC and thus new game data files & string references probably doesn't help.

Unfortunately, I don't see how much use this Modshell is going to be here if the sounds themselves won't even work correctly, regardless of whether the Modshell was used or not. This seems to be a problem on Beamdog's end and unfortunately there hasn't been a resolute fix for several years now.

So far, custom soundsets added into the game will play as intended from the sound selection menu. Placing said soundset on a PC does work to some degree, however some sounds (namely the selection sounds) will not play.
    Post edited by cjhrjone54 on
  • AbathornAbathorn Member Posts: 17
    Hello @smeagolheart , Thank you for your fantastic tool.

I am following your instructions beacuase I would like to use the Icewind Dale 2 (spanish) Soundset in IWEE.

I've created the first one just following the example for Ajantis. And It is working mostly with the exception for the 'rare selection' sounds.

I test in IWEE and in BGEE1. In IWEE when you click 10 times instead of triggering one of the rare selected sounds it is triggering the Action Acknowledgement 4-7. And in the BG1EE the sound trigger is Action Acknowledgement 4.

Is it a known bug or is it something I'm doing wrong?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Could it be because naming conventions changed?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Abathorn wrote: »
    Hello @smeagolheart , Thank you for your fantastic tool.

I am following your instructions beacuase I would like to use the Icewind Dale 2 (spanish) Soundset in IWEE.

I've created the first one just following the example for Ajantis. And It is working mostly with the exception for the 'rare selection' sounds.

I test in IWEE and in BGEE1. In IWEE when you click 10 times instead of triggering one of the rare selected sounds it is triggering the Action Acknowledgement 4-7. And in the BG1EE the sound trigger is Action Acknowledgement 4.

Is it a known bug or is it something I'm doing wrong?

I'm wondering if it is because naming conventions have changed:

XXXXXXXa.wav : Battle Cry
    XXXXXXXb.wav : Becoming Leader
    XXXXXXXc.wav : Tired
    XXXXXXXd.wav : Bored
    XXXXXXXe.wav : Badly Wounded
    XXXXXXXf.wav : Selected 1
    XXXXXXXg.wav : Selected 2
    XXXXXXXh.wav : Selected 3
    XXXXXXXi.wav : Action Acknowledgement 1
    XXXXXXXj.wav : Action Acknowledgement 2
    XXXXXXXk.wav : Action Acknowledgement 3