Skip to content

Bizarre ambient.2da issue

Okay, I just spent an all-nighter trying to fix this, so bear with me.

So I recently switched my module to the newest toolset version and so far everything has been working great, except adding custom music. I added 7 music tracks to a module that already has dozens of custom tracks I added while using the older Toolset. Strangely, these new tracks all play fine in the Toolset, but when I opened those areas in the actual game, there was no music whatsoever.

I spent hours narrowing down every possible thing that could be wrong with the music files themselves until I tried moving the new tracks to different positions in the ambient.2da file in case those particular spots were somehow reserved. That's when things got weird.

Now, once again, everything plays fine in the Toolset. However, when I open the actual game, instead of silence the game is playing completely different music tracks. I realized the tracks playing were the ones I just overwrote in the ambient.2da file. Somehow, the game is stuck with the older ambient.2da.

I've tried running a module build, forcing the entire module to rebuild by swapping out a hakpak, and deleting the older music tracks the game keeps trying to play. Nothing seems to fix this, the game is somehow using a version of my ambient.2da file that doesn't even exist anymore. Is there anything in the new Toolset that would cause this?

Comments

• ABJECT_SELFABJECT_SELF Member Posts: 24
    I finally figured it out and I facepalmed hard.

It turned out that the hak file I was using was being overwritten by the previous version's hak file I currently have up on the Steam Workshop. Surprisingly, Workshop knew to use this hak even though I was using a separate module file.

Unsubscribing to my own module wound up fixing a ton of issues I've been having with custom content lately.