Skip to content

Throne of Bhaal - Imported character loses hit points

Hi all. I've finished BG2 and want to import my kensai/mage rather than start Throne of Bhaal with a full party. For some reason my imported character loses 50 hit points. Any help?

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Were you wearing any gear which increased your constitution or hit points? Or did you have a familiar and haven’t yet summoned a replacement?
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Could be you had too many hit points in SoA (for example if your character was cheated), or could be a combination of legitimate factors like buffs wearing off and losing a familiar, or (much less likely) could be a glitch in ToB. Could you provide your levels and constitution?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    You could check if it's a ToB issue by starting a new SoA game with your ken/mage.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    a possible factor is that you are starting tob with the roll on leveling up set on on, so your hp are calculated according to it, while in soa you had always leveled up with the automatic maxed roll (ie lowering the difficulty before leveling up).
    9d12 has an average of 58.5 while with automatic maxed roll you get 108, that gives 49.5hp more on average, it is very compatible with the difference you told about.