Skip to content

Charname and Caelar Argent

One day the great warrior Caelar Argent came to the city of Baldur's Gate. Thereupon many nobles and other important people came to Caelar with their congratulations, and she expected that Charname also, who was tarrying in Baldur's Gate, would do likewise. But since that hero took not the slightest notice of Caelar, and continued to enjoy his leisure, Caelar went in person to see him; and he found him lying in the sun. Charname raised himself up a little when he saw so many people coming towards him, and fixed his eyes upon Caelar. And when that great warrior addressed him with greetings, and asked if he wanted anything, "Yes," said Charname, "stand a little out of my sun." It is said that Caelar was so struck by this, and admired so much the haughtiness and grandeur of the man who had nothing but scorn for her, that she said to her followers, who were laughing and jesting about the hero as they went away, "But truly, if I were not Caelar, I would be Charname."

Comments

• Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Charname was knee deep in a stream washing vegetables. Coming up to him, Sarevok said, “My good Charname, if you knew how to pay court to kings, you wouldn’t have to wash vegetables.”
    “And,” replied Charname, “If you knew how to wash vegetables, you wouldn’t have to pay court to kings.”
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    The Baldurian Knot is made of several knots all so tightly entangled that it was impossible to see how they were fastened. An oracle had declared that any man who could unravel its elaborate knots was destined to become ruler of all of Faerun. Sarevok wanted to untie the knot but struggled to do so without success. He then reasoned that it would make no difference how the knot was loosed, so he drew his sword and sliced it in half with a single stroke.