Skip to content

How do I get into the Old Tunnels in the sewers?

I just get the ? cursor when I try to go into it and it says I cannot pass at this time.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    If you're talking about the Temple District sewers, have you talked with Keldorn?
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    Grond0 wrote: »
    If you're talking about the Temple District sewers, have you talked with Keldorn?

yeah he i just asked him to be in my party
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2019
    Did you talk to one of the temple superiors and get the Unseeing Eye quest, after the cutscene with Gaal and hecklers near Lathander Temple? However I think you must have, I don't remember if Keldorn spawns if you haven't.
    lunar wrote: »
    Did you talk to one of the temple superiors and get the Unseeing Eye quest, after the cutscene with Gaal and hecklers near Lathander Temple? However I think you must have, I don't remember if Keldorn spawns if you haven't.

someone told me i have to get some quest from the temple of helm but I don't know how.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2019
    You must watch the small cutscene with Gaal, the head cultist of Unseeing Eye, giving a sermon to commoners. It happens near Lathander Temple. He convinces some of the crowd to follow him, despite a Lathander priest's protests

After that a headpriest should appear and urge you to come visit him in temple about this awful incident . I think if you are not a cleric, the default is Helm priest appears and you need to go to Helm temple. If you are a cleric it may depend on your alignment. (Good cleric players should be approached by Lathander church and must go to that temple.) Then go to that church and speak to the head priest there. Your actual character should be the one talking, the questgiver won't talk to party npcs about this. Agree to search for this Unseeing Eye in the sewers, make sure you have the quest in your journal, and the way should be open.

lunar wrote: »
    You must watch the small cutscene with Gaal, the head cultist of Unseeing Eye, giving a sermon to commoners. It happens near Lathander Temple. He convinces some of the crowd to follow him, despite a Lathander priest's protests

After that a headpriest should appear and urge you to come visit him in temple about this awful incident . I think if you are not a cleric, the default is Helm priest appears and you need to go to Helm temple. If you are a cleric it may depend on your alignment. (Good cleric players should be approached by Lathander church and must go to that temple.) Then go to that church and speak to the head priest there. Your actual character should be the one talking, the questgiver won't talk to party npcs about this. Agree to search for this Unseeing Eye in the sewers, make sure you have the quest in your journal, and the way should be open.

I have already been past that unseeing eye mob but I don't remember a cutscene (although there may have been one).
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    If keldorn is there go to the temple and see if they give you the quest. Is possible that the priest fail to reach you if you move away too fast after the cot scene.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Then theoretically all you need to do is visit each of the temples in turn and get charname to talk to each of the priests in turn until one of them gives you the quest.
    dunbar wrote: »
    Then theoretically all you need to do is visit each of the temples in turn and get charname to talk to each of the priests in turn until one of them gives you the quest.

I tried that it didn't work.
    Are you playing with any mods?
    No the normal version.
    Are you playing with any mods?

It sounds like something has gone wrong with the quest sequence as I don't think Keldorn should even appear until after you've talked with the priest. However, you could try spawning a new copy of him using C:CreateCreature("bhoisig") - talking to him should then open the access up.
    It sounds like something has gone wrong with the quest sequence as I don't think Keldorn should even appear until after you've talked with the priest. However, you could try spawning a new copy of him using C:CreateCreature("bhoisig") - talking to him should then open the access up.

Well, that's what I'm thinking but right when you get Keldorn you are normally supposed to go right into the old tunnels?
    That's right - hence why I say something has gone wrong with the quest - I don't think it should be possible to have recruited Keldorn without opening the access. However, respawning the cleric may correct that.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited June 2019
    OK, so I started a new game (with charname from a ToB final save just to make life easier!), rushed through to the Temple area, ignored HW Oisig's summons and went down into the sewers to where Keldorn should be - and he wasn't there and I couldn't enter the quest area (as per the OP). I them rested before going to the temple to follow up on Oisig"s summons but he wasn't there. So, I spawned Oisig ("BHOISIG"), got the quest from him, went back to the sewers, found Keldorn and was able to enter the quest area.

This to me seems to confirm that if Keldorn is present then the quest area should be open (and that he won't be present if you haven't accepted the quest).
    dunbar wrote: »
    OK, so I started a new game (with charname from a ToB final save just to make life easier!), rushed through to the Temple area, ignored HW Oisig's summons and went down into the sewers to where Keldorn should be - and he wasn't there and I couldn't enter the quest area (as per the OP). I them rested before going to the temple to follow up on Oisig"s summons but he wasn't there. So, I spawned Oisig ("BHOISIG"), got the quest from him, went back to the sewers, found Keldorn and was able to enter the quest area.

This to me seems to confirm that if Keldorn is present then the quest area should be open (and that he won't be present if you haven't accepted the quest).

Could me waiting until chapter II have anything to do with it?
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited June 2019
    i once did loose the quest because i waited too much, it is one of the few timed quests in the game, so is possible that too much time has elapsed between the moment of the cut scene and the moment you try to get the quest from the priest.
    it happened to me with a not EE game, but i don't think that EE changed the thing.

by the way even if loosing that qust you loose some xp and some items, probably the only really important one are the gauntlets that boost dex, it is perfecly possible to continue the play trought and live with it.
    I
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    i once did loose the quest because i waited too much, it is one of the few timed quests in the game, so is possible that too much time has elapsed between the moment of the cut scene and the moment you try to get the quest from the priest.
    it happened to me with a not EE game, but i don't think that EE changed the thing.

by the way even if loosing that qust you loose some xp and some items, probably the only really important one are the gauntlets that boost dex, it is perfecly possible to continue the play trought and live with it.

I know but I'm a completionist... thank you though :)