Skip to content

DMFI 101 tutorial mod - new Enhanced Edition coming (now released)

Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
edited October 2019 in Dungeon Masters
The next DM Friendly-Initiative project will be an "Enhanced Edition" of the DMFI 101: So You Want To Be a DM tutorial mod.

Some of the things to update are pretty obvious, such as a new version of the accompanying docs and installation of the latest (1.09) version of the DMFI Wands and Widgets; the current mod has version 1.07. For the original product, it didn't seem worth updating the DMFI W&W version to 1.09, since it was designed to primarily be a basic tutorial focused on learning the DM client. For the new enhanced edition, I expect I'll include a couple of additional demo scenarios for the most important DMFI tools.

I'd welcome input (posted or PM'd) on what other changes/additions/updates people think would be most valuable for the new NWN:EE mod version.

Note that the current (NWN-1.69) version of DMFI 101 will remain available for download after the EE version is published.
Post edited by Carlo_One on

Comments

• Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
    The Enhanced Edition has now been released: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/module/dmfi-101-enhanced-edition

Description:

DMFI 101: Enhanced Edition is a tutorial module that shows how to use the core functions of the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (NWN:EE) Dungeon Master (DM) client, as well as demonstrating some common uses of the DMFI Wands and Widgets. After completing this module, you will have the skills necessary to successfully run a multiplayer NWN session as a DM.

This Enhanced Edition of the Hall of Fame DMFI 101: So You Want To Be A DM for NWN-1.69 has a significant amount of new content integrated into the tutorial areas, along with a bonus new area, the "Forest of Encounters"

The module guide contains instructions for installation and how to launch the DM client in NWN:EE, along with an outline of the module contents and a section on DM and Multiplayer Resources.

Brought to you by the DM-Friendly Initiative.