Skip to content

Would there be any possibility of an update to TB Tweaks mod?

leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
edited June 2019 in General Modding
EDIT: I'm talking about "The Bigg Tweaks" mod, which is hosted over on Spellhold (here)

I know the author seems to be busy, but I'd love to see if something can be done to have some of the tweaks from that mod available in the EE (if that's at all possible, I mean...)

I posted about this on spellhold too (mod's home,) just in case there's still someone alive over there :)

I used to play with this mod installed back on the classic versions, and I always loved the 'Mages have spell books' option (which also was talked about in this other thread recently, that what's made me remember about it!)

So I'm specially interested in that particular component mostly which requires ToBEx and thus can't be installed on the EEs engines... but I've heard that some of the features provided by ToBEx were adopted/absorbed into the EE engines (IIRC... at least) so there might be a slim chance that the ToBEx features required by that component could be already present in the EE games? Haven't been able to find specific documentation about which feature were implemented and also I'm not savvy enough to know which particular features this mod requires either.

Other components seem to install correctly (haven't tested many, honestly) and I know for sure that at least the "Gain stats as you level up" works since I've installed recently and when I imported a high level character into BG1 for testing, the dialogue for increasing the stats triggered when the game started.

I'm just poking around mostly, hitting the trees and looking to what kind of stuff it falls from it at this point :tongue:

EDIT2: I guess I should have provided a link to the mod, right? *Duh*
EDIT: typos

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2019
    Yeah I tried installing and the component says "Windows client is required and not detected" or something like that.

But the other components I tried seem to work, but from all of them I only installed ~3 at the most.

EDIT: I just tried it again to be able to catch the error message, this is what it says when you try to force install it:
    #SKIPPING: [Mages drop spellbooks. -> 50% of mages drop spellbooks, spellbooks contain 25% of memorized spells.]
    #	Component requires the Windows client of BG2 to work.
    #If you are using GemRB report this and I'll investigate compatibility.
    #If you are using an Intel Mac get the Windows version of BG2 and run it via Wine.
    #If you are using a PowerPC Mac you're SOL.

Post edited by leeux on