Skip to content

SCS vs 32 - Insane settings + difficulty slider

tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
I was planning on doing an scs run on insane difficulty (monsters do double damage). With the new scs, it says strongly not recommended to uncheck the box which adds the extra damage stuff even if you are on insane. Why is this? Is it because insane settings already edit enemies?

I want my game to be kinda similar to old scs + insane settings in game, but want to follow suggested scs settings.

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Well, maybe 'strongly not recommended' is overstated. It's more that the in-game use of the difficulty system assumes that it has an effect only through how SCS reacts to it (and SCS will react quite strongly to the 'insane' difficulty setting). If you want Insane-level SCS and double-damage on top of that, go for it. (If you want double damage but don't want everything in SCS set to max, mess around with the 'fine-tune difficulty' button once SCS is installed and you've started your run.)
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    Ok cool.

Is putting SCS on insane in 32 similar to installing every scs component from 31?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Pretty much. SCSv32 insane won't give you the toughest HLA use or random spawn (you need to set that manually using 'fine-tune difficulty') and it gives you a couple of things v31 didn't give you (faster dragon-breath recovery is the only thing I can think of offhand).
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    Thanks dude. Your work has truly been a blessing in my life! Can’t imagine playing these games without SCS. You are the man!