Skip to content

[Mod] An "Unseeing Eye" Quest Bug fix

Charn_AimCharn_Aim Member Posts: 22
edited February 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
I ran across this bug recently: I have a multiple stronghold mod. When I went to the Temple area for the first time, Gaal did his rousing speech as per usual but no priest came to talk to me. My character's alignment is good so I was expecting the Lathander representative to approach me but he was nowhere to be found. I tried looking for the default Helm representative but he was nowhere to be seen either. So then I went on Google and began a quest for this bug fix.

I tried to CreateCreature for the various priests but they were unresponsive. CreateCreature was a little problematic also, because I wasn't sure what the names for all the priests were. I also tried to use the EE Keeper with marginal success.

I finally ran across a post in a PocketPlane forum that was the exact fix I needed. It uses the CLUAConsole CreateCreature but with a little twist: you must add a "bh" in front of their creature title.

High Mornmaster Arval - "bharval" for good characters
High Watcher Oisig - "bhoisig" for neutral characters (or default with no mods and you're not a priest of Helm)
Stormherald Nallabir - "bhnalla" for evil characters

So I am posting this in case anyone else might need it.
Post edited by Tresset on
PteranReadingRambo

Comments

• ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Thank you! I just encountered this bug and found this fix
    Charn_Aim
  • Charn_AimCharn_Aim Member Posts: 22
    You're welcome. I'm so glad I was helpful. So many people have helped me on this forum so I am happy to be able to pay it forward.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    This should have been fixed in the Tweaks Anthology version of this tweak I believe. Are you using bg2 tweaks by any chance @ReadingRambo ?
  • Necroscope86Necroscope86 Member Posts: 79
    Really useful thanks bud
    Charn_Aim
  • SalemSalem Member Posts: 2
    Well after a long time of debugging i came to the conclusion that the problem is caused by the cdtweaks(tweak anthology) **multi-stronghold** component in both the original and enhanced edition.
    So turning it off(Uninstall) should make it work...........and once the mission is done it can be turned back on.
    Charn_Aim