Skip to content

Did you like the hooded man figure voiceacting?

2»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Zaxares "Up until the very end, it felt like he was still deciding between Caelar and the Bhaalspawn, and he only chose the Bhaalspawn because Caelar was now dead/unreachable."

That's exactly what it was. The one that won out in the conflict was the one he would choose. The hooded man isn't as driven yet because he can't really start his work yet. He is in watch and wait mode.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the hooded man entire goal is he is trying to decide weather calar or you are worthy of him .
    with calar dead or stuck in hell he just goes with taking you. i kinda saw this as an explanation on why he wanted your soul in the first place when he could have just taken any other divine soul.

it's pretty clear from the start he wanted calar. you were just a 2nd option.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    The sound acting feels older and there is less energy in it, but I guess it works in the context of the game. It can even be deliberate, I don't think Irenicus of SoD is supposed to sound exactly like in SoA.

In sod Irenicus is in disguise and is more of an observer, think how the evil queen in Snow White went inthe guise of an old, decrepit hag. The sound is older and less energetic sure, but I think Mr. warner pulls the menacing part off perfectly. The spotlight will be on Irenicus in SoA where he will have many energetic, and instantly memorable voice acting like 'you will suffer you will all suffer!' 'Your pathetic magics are useless!' Etc.
    well it's an interquel so if jon was not there at all something would be of. and if he was not voiced by warner people would have complained as warner is jon at this point.

this is like saying Mark Hamill should not be playing the joker anymore because he is to old for the role.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    I love Warner but like others I felt his voice sounded old and weak. It breaks my immersion because I (the player) know that the VA is just old.

But on a bigger note, I think including the character was a mistake. I feel like he hurts the "mystery" of BG2. Sure his hood is up, but when you start talking to him in BG2 you're gonna be like, "hey I recognize that voice, you're the hooded man!"

Still so torn over Dragonspear. =/
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    If you think about it, though, it makes sense. He was cursed and flailing about for a way to save his backside in SoD. In SoA, he was likely reinvigorated with hope.
    i don't see it ruining bg2. you know who he is due to metagame but charname does not find out who he is until the dryad scene at the start of 2. the fact they never have the hooded man say his name once in sod is a nice touch.