Skip to content

My game is lagging with the new SCS

Just installed v2.5 and new scs (32.3) and my game lags like hell during combat.
did a clean installation again of the game and the mods and same issue
i dont have the improved random encounters and the game is fine during those so I know it's scs
the lag is like chracters stuttering both mine and enemy
my pc is fine, it ran the older versions fine (v1.3 is the last one I had before this) and it runs other new games fine.
I have ascention, Tweaks anthology and SCS installed in that order as you can see in my weidu file

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Try alternate renderer or something from graphic options, turn off all extra graphic options (sprite borderlines, health bars, etc.). You did the biffing, and ee is very good at reducing lags that comes from mods naturally anyway.

Does the game run with lag even without any mod? If so there must be an innate incompatibility somewhere.
    abdu55555JuliusBorisov
  • abdu55555abdu55555 Member Posts: 2
    lunar wrote: »
    Try alternate renderer or something from graphic options, turn off all extra graphic options (sprite borderlines, health bars, etc.).
    That did it. Thank you so much. I turned on alternate renderer first, that made it worse. Then I turned it off together with all other options except 1st three (full screen, hardware mouse, scale interface).

Now to answer your question, the lag was only during SCS fights and it was only on characters as if they were affected by slow spell moving at like 3 frames/sec. But during pause the screen was fine and mouse cursor moved fine.

I'm sorry I'm not good at this but I did more testing so that I haven't wasted your time for nothing and I'm sure now that it's a compatibility issue between my pc and SCS because:
    - I download the game and scs on my brother's laptop and it worked fine
    - reinstalled the game on my pc without scs and it was fine.
    - installed scs but left out some components (improved liches) and it was fine during the lich fight but laggy with every other fight.
    - then turned off the the graphic options and so every other SCS fight was fine as well.

I hope this helps someone else and thank you again for the response.

JuliusBorisovArdulGusinda