Skip to content

Turn Off Cast Healing Spells On Rest

Is there anyway to turn off the casting of healing spells when you rest?

I've come across a weird bug when the cutscenes occur during resting. My group is all out of healing spells, they go to rest in an inn and the cutscene plays with Imoen and charname wandering around the ruins of Candlekeep. Then the healing spells cast on rest message appears and lots of healing has occurred. As far as I can see, it has treated all of my healing spells as not having been cast before we rested. I presume this is something to do with the cutscene as I'm sure it isn't happening everytime I rest.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I've seen similar sorts of things with cutscenes where long duration spells (like stoneskin or mind focusing potions) are all cancelled. One possibility would be that the mechanic is for a rest to take place prior to the cutscene (providing you with healing spells again) and then a second rest (with the rest animation) taking place after the cutscene.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Yeah, that would seem to be likely. It's one of those things that I find really annoying as it feels like an unavoidable exploit. And if I was intended to get all my healing spells back twice in one night, I don't want to be wasting half of them on 20 CON charname who will regenerate anyway.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    There should be an option to turn off cast heal on resting. I tend to leave it on by default myself but i usually make a beeline for the ring of regen and tend to play solo, so it's rare i rest when injured. If it's messing up with cut scenes then i would hazard a guess that you are running some mods and perhaps 1 of them has started causing some issues with some scripts.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    There's an option to turn off rest until healed, but not to turn off casting healing spells on rest. I'm playing without any mods.
    Grond0
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited July 2019
    It should definitely be an option to turn off "Healing Spells Cast on Rest", and if there hasn't been a feature request to do it I'll go ahead and submit one. Not only can it be cheesed, but if your sleep is interrupted by an encounter, they are auto-casted already in some cases, and then you don't get to use them during said encounter.