Skip to content

Age of Wonders III FREE right now Get it while you can.

Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
https://store.steampowered.com/app/226840/Age_of_Wonders_III/

i figure there might be some overlap of crowds. Get it while it's still available free. Once linked to your steam its yours forever.

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Sar_Yehudah , Thanks for the heads up! I'm not sure when or if I'll ever get around to playing it, but I went ahead and added it to my Steam account, because why not?

I played a good bit of AoW I, and a little bit of AoW II, and I just didn't like them as much as Heroes of Might and Magic. I couldn't stay interested.

I also didn't like that there were some pretty major base gameplay changes between 1 and 2, and I've read that AoW3 changes up the base gameplay yet again.
  • Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
    truth be told i never played AoW. I remember office max and staples having copies of them back in the early 2000's but never played them.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    @Sar_Yehudah , Thanks for the heads up! I'm not sure when or if I'll ever get around to playing it, but I went ahead and added it to my Steam account, because why not?

I played a good bit of AoW I, and a little bit of AoW II, and I just didn't like them as much as Heroes of Might and Magic. I couldn't stay interested.

I also didn't like that there were some pretty major base gameplay changes between 1 and 2, and I've read that AoW3 changes up the base gameplay yet again.

Though it's often mentioned along with the Disciples series as the closest to Heroes of Might and Magic, the Age of Wonders series is actually far closer to a DOS game called "Master of Magic", which is almost universally praised (it along with Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri are the highest-rated games I have ever seen on GOG).
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,314
    edited July 2019
    jjstraka34 wrote: »

Though it's often mentioned along with the Disciples series as the closest to Heroes of Might and Magic, the Age of Wonders series is actually far closer to a DOS game called "Master of Magic", which is almost universally praised (it along with Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri are the highest-rated games I have ever seen on GOG).

It's a shame no-one has ever done an update or conversion of Master of Magic. Unlike BG, who's graphics still look decent today, some of MoM's graphics look pretty tired now - though the gameplay is still excellent.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Grond0 wrote: »
    jjstraka34 wrote: »

It's a shame no-one has ever done an update or conversion of Master of Magic. Unlike BG, who's graphics still look decent today, some of MoM's graphics look pretty tired now - though the gameplay is still excellent.

I've tried a half-dozen times to play it, but DOS-era controls become less and less tolerable as the years go by. In the case of this game, I felt like I couldn't even figure out how to control my units, much less dive deep into it. It's one of hundreds of games I had no problem PURCHASING but doubt I will ever actually play.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited July 2019
    SOMEONE SAID MASTER OF MAGIC?!!

RHEEEEEEE!!

How many games do people play on at least a yearly basis, for more than 25 years?
  • Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
    Quickblade wrote: »
    SOMEONE SAID MASTER OF MAGIC?!!

RHEEEEEEE!!

How many games do people play on at least a yearly basis, for more than 25 years?

i think i'm broke but eventually ill gt to master of magic.