Skip to content

Golden medium for masterwork weapons, ammo and protection from missiles/normal weapons

What configuration of Spell Revisions / Items Revisions / SCS components would you recommend?
I would like to make the game only slightly harder, not hardcore. Requiring +2 weapons to hit in many areas of BG1 (like Song of the Morning) would probably be a bit hardcore for me. I would like to particularly tone down on archery in BG1 and get to a point where BG2 and BG1 are consistent in items classification and stats and how spells work.

The safest option in my mind would simply replace most +1 weapons with non-magical fine weapons, but not all, and wouldn't change the stats or enchantment level of anything else. I don't know if it can be done.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • polymorphedsquirrelpolymorphedsquirrel Member Posts: 114
    Yeah, I'm currently using some of those components, at least temporarily. What I'd really like is just replacing some/most of +1 ammo/weapons with masterwork. +2 weapons are not that common in (first half) of BG1, which makes otherwise easy Ulcaster a death trap.