Skip to content

Mage spells memorization issue

maplejarmaplejar Member Posts: 23
I'm stumped and can't figure out what is causing this issue. All mages that I've tested so far, except for Neera and Dynaheir, are affected by this issue. This included a dual classed Imoen, Khalid (made him a fighter/mage with a mod), and a test mage that I made and gave XP to using EEKeeper. Ok here is the issue:

When a mage reaches level 5, they *should* be able to start casting level 3 mage spells. Tonight, when I leveled Immy up to level 5 mage, it even said in the UI that she had gained access to one level 3 spell. However, when I go into the memorization UI, there's no empty box there for me to allow me to memorize one. Neera got access to level 3 spells when she hit level 5, as did Dynaheir. I made a test mage and gave him XP to reach level 5 in EEKeeper, and the same thing happened (even the UI saying they now have access to one level 3 spell). Can anyone tell me why? Save is attached.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• maplejarmaplejar Member Posts: 23
    Further information - if I use EEKeeper to give Immy XP enough to level to 6, she ends up with one level 3 spells slot when she should have two. So, it's like something is subtracting one spell slot on level 3 and higher spells. (Leveled her up to 7 and didn't get the level 4 spell, and don't think this happened with level 1 and 2 spells). I'm attaching my Weidu log to this comment as well.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2019
    It's caused by Scales of Balance, component 200. I have no idea if it's intended or not.

Tagging @subtledoctor

Edit: @subtledoctor has addressed the issue below.
    Post edited by Bubb on
    I don't have Scales of Balance installed. Is that component in another mod I do have installed? (My weidu log is above.)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thank you for the support @subtledoctor - I edited the files as you directed and it's working now. Thanks for the background on what caused it as well, and also for all your modding work. I, for one, appreciate all your contributions to the community.

Thank you to @Bubb as well for getting subtledoctor involved!
  • ArjukKagrimArjukKagrim Member Posts: 44
    I have the same currently, does anyone remember the answer/solution given by "deleted user"? :#
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    I have the same currently, does anyone remember the answer/solution given by "deleted user"? :#

@ArjukKagrim I guess you might ask subtledoctor himself. You can find him on the Gibberlings 3 forums.