Skip to content

How to move placeables with keys?

JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
I thought I remembered being able to move placeables with the keyboard, but it's a very long time ago, not sure if my memory serves me well here.
Furthermore, if is possible to change the height of a placeable, with the keyboard preferably, but any trick will do.

Cheers

Comments

• JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    edited April 2018
    I found this but none of these shortcuts seem to work for NWN1 :(
    I badly need a fast way to drop an object on top of another one, any clue anyone?
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    To change placeable height, right click on either the model itself, or name in the list on the left where you can see all the placeables you've put into an area. Adjust Location, and adjust the Z-axis position.

To place one placeable atop another, click the re-orient button to go to straight top-down view. Double click on the name of the placeable you want to use as a base, and your camera will center on it. Scroll in as needed. Select the other placeable and simply drop it directly over the 'base' placeable. It will sit on top of it.

-JFK

JFK said:

To place one placeable atop another, click the re-orient button to go to straight top-down view. Double click on the name of the placeable you want to use as a base, and your camera will center on it. Scroll in as needed. Select the other placeable and simply drop it directly over the 'base' placeable. It will sit on top of it.

Yep, that worked, not intuitive but good to know, thx ;-)

• KungfoowizKungfoowiz Member Posts: 5

Yeh I was wondering this, haven't played NWN in ages until I noticed Beamdog's latest beauty! =)

A little late sorry hahaha!

But you can also move a placeable up and down in the toolset by left-click and holding the click.

Moving will move it along the horizontal plane.

Hold down Alt key and move the mouse to move it along the vertical.