Skip to content

Immortal Sarevok

Doctorgaming69Doctorgaming69 Member Posts: 23
So...I have made it to the end of the game(on EET btw)and almost killed Sarevok buuut he just won‘t die I even used the debug mode to kill him and he just won‘t I don‘t know why but think it because one of the mods I have.Can somebody tell me why that would happen?

I have installed:
Modmerge
Drizzt-saga
Acension
BG1RE
Bp-bgt-worldmap
Longerroad
BG2RE
Region of Terror
Sarevok friendship
Sellswords
Shine on Caelar
SkieCost
Unfinished business
Viconia revamped

Tha‘s all.

Helo would be appreciated.

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 295

I was thinking the same since it used to be a quite common bug in my installs but OP doesn't have SCS installed and I doubt the bug still exists in newer version of SCS..

@Doctor
    The most simplistic solution for your problem would be to check sarevok with NearInfinity and see whether he has any minhp1 item equipped and remove that.
    If you wanted to find the source of the problem you could run a change log on the sarevok creature and see which mods affect it and then continue from there..
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    actually i would check sarevok's script

in his script it dictates that when he reaches a certain amount of HP or lower, he "dies" and the game end and then the sequence for completing the game continues

if you just take off his MIN 1 HP item, he will die, but that doesn't necessarily mean the "game completion" cut scene will continue

actully by the looks of it, you may need to check your ar0125.bcs script, that script dictates that when sarevok dies the cut scene should continue as normal

okay, i think i have found the scripts you need to make sure that are in place, first the one on Sarevok's:

IF
    !AreaCheck("ar0108")
    OR(2)
    HPLT(Myself,2)
    Die()
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ClearAllActions()
    MoveViewObject("Sarevok",INSTANT) // Armored Figure
    AddexperienceParty(15000)
    Kill(Myself)
    END

then for the area ar0125.bcs script you want:

IF
    Dead("Sarevok") // Armored Figure
    GlobalLT("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SmallWait(1)
    ClearAllActions()
    StartCutSceneMode()
    StartCutSceneEx("BDSODTRN",TRUE)
    END

so for you, one of these scripts are not activating or perhaps they have been deleted or altered in some way, but it looks like you need these 2 in place for the game to finish correctly
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    @sarevok57 Does the kill() action ignore minhp1 effects? I do remember looking at scripts that specifically remove it (not just trolls) but that could have been on the old engine or just unnecessary modding..
  • Doctorgaming69Doctorgaming69 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for all of your help I am going to try and look into the script and see what I can do.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Ulb wrote: »
    @sarevok57 Does the kill() action ignore minhp1 effects? I do remember looking at scripts that specifically remove it (not just trolls) but that could have been on the old engine or just unnecessary modding..

i want to say yes.... as far as i know, there is no script requiring sarevok to get rid of his min 1 HP item, i guess the Kill() command works regardless of items worn

as for the trolls, the reason why they may need their item removed is based on the item they are wearing causing the effect, perhaps its because if the item isn't removed then they can only ever be knocked unconcious?

i do know that the EEs improved upon the min 1 hp troll items by making it so if you deal enough fire/acid damage in one go, they go straight to dead first, and spells like finger of death and such actually kill them in one hit without them requiring to go to unconcious state first
  • Homer_SHomer_S Member Posts: 3
    Bit of a necro here but I am having this exact issue. I'm using SCS and it seems to have made Sarevok unkillable. I deleted all Sarevok related .bcs from overrides (BDCCSAR.cre, BDCCSAR1.CRE, sarevo.cre, SAREVO2.cre). His buddies are all dead but still he sits at 1 HP regardless of what I do.

So, I did some comparing and found these differences:
    C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\stratagems\sarevok\ssl\sarevok.ssl

IF
    	OR(2)
    		HPLT(Myself,1)
    		Die()
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		ClearAllActions()
    		SetGlobalTimer("DeathOfSarevok","GLOBAL",3)
    		MoveViewObject("sarevok",INSTANT)
    END

C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\stratagems\sarevok\resource\dw#end.baf

IF
    	HP("sarevok",1)
    	Dead("galdor")
    	Dead("diarmi")
    	Dead("semaj")
    	Dead("tazok")
    	!Dead("sarevok")
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		Kill("sarevok")
    		SetGlobalTimer("DeathOfSarevok","GLOBAL",3)
    END

I feel like these lines

HP("sarevok",1)

HPLT(Myself,1)

are the trouble makers but honestly I have no clue.

Any help on editing these so that I can progress to the next step, Siege of Dragonspear, I'm assuming. Also, if I'm in the wrong place altogether let me know.

Thanks,
    Homer