Skip to content

Mod that removes armor restriction for mages?

I recently did a BGEET install, including Tome and Blood. It's a mod for mages and sorcerers. I was adding it primarily for cantrips. But it also has a portion in it for allowing bards to cast in armor.

When I fired up my game, I found that I had all of my armor modified, so that mages could wear it. Weird, right?

So I redid the whole thing, and this time only set up T&B to just add in cantrips, figuring that it was the cause(it was the only new mod I added in)

But I'm still seeing armor as having the mage restrictions removed. This is on a brand new game. I deleted the BG folders before running the mod installer.

Does anyone know what other mods might alter the armor restrictions? I'm just digging through my Weidu log now, using the EET Installer. I can upload it if that helps. Kind of just hoping someone has an idea of what happened.

TL;DR

I ran a BGEET install. Everything was peachy. Found the Tome and Blood mod, redid my install. Didn't like that mages could now wear armor, redid the whole thing again, disabling everything in T&B beyond the cantrips piece. Mages can still wear armor in a new game

Comments

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    best bet is to post your weidu log.

Off the top of my head, Klatu Tweaks and Item Revisions have components that allow arcane casting in armor.
  • onewithoutasoulonewithoutasoul Member Posts: 20
    Cool, I'll poke through both of those. I don't think I did anything with Item Tweaks, but definitely used some of Klatu Tweaks....

Thanks!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I sometimes do that manually with near infinity.
  • onewithoutasoulonewithoutasoul Member Posts: 20
    I mean, it's not really that big a deal, but something about clicking on my paladin's plate armor, and seeing a mage's portrait get highlighted is bothering me. hahaha