Skip to content

Terl Bug

In doing Anomen's quest, I am finding that "Terl" walks over to Anomen but doesn't initiate conversation, and attempts to do so meet with nothing (not even "Terl appears busy"). Attached is a save showing the bug, and another before the bug triggers (to trigger it, walk out to the Slums).

How do I get this fixed? Generating Terl via the console doesn't help (notably the Terl that generates also says nothing, though he does sport different clothing).

(Sigh, Beamdog and their bugs...)

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    It's not a game breaker; you just have a pointless NPC wandering around, because the game didn't bother to despawn Terl after he said his piece. (He was the one that summoned you to the Delryn estate, right?)

The quest should progress normally; you're just in the waiting period before the Order wants him.
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    Thanks, how long before the Order wants him?

It is weird that Terl walked directly to Anomen when we came into the Slums though.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I thought Terl only talked to him if there were a romance? Otherwise, he just takes up space. Or I'm remembering wrong again
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The first part of Anomen's quest runs whether there's a romance or not. Moira's dead and Anomen has to choose between revenge and the lawful approach. Terl is the messenger to summon him to the Delryn estate for that.
    Then, if in a romance, there's another part with new developments in the case, which comes some time after the Order's test. Terl is also the messenger for that part.
    ElysianEchoesThacoBell
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Mythdracon wrote: »
    Thanks, how long before the Order wants him?

The Wiki wasn't terribly clear on this. Some people say that he has to be a certain level (12?) before the Order representative shows up, but others say it's just based on time. For my part, despite Anomen being level 15+ and after a couple in-game months of waiting, the Order still hadn't shown up, so I manually spawned in the creature who talked to Anomen immediately and got the Test portion going.

Thanks guys! Hoping this will sort itself out then, if the test is meant to be later (they really shouldn't make Terl come in again then....I wonder if the quest bugs out completely if one kills Terl).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hmm, couldn't find the actual times, but by the looks of it, global timers need to expire for terl and ryan thrawl to show up for his knight hood

but if you are having a romance with him, then he romance gets in the way and after a certain love talk does it continue on

plus if you are romancing with him you need to do the saerk encounter first for it to go through

if you go to anomen's house and convince anomen not to go to saerk's place then ryan thrawl should come in sooner

my guess is, for the global timer is X amount of game days, or it could be real life hours, not sure which one, i usually get anomen to knight hood pretty quickly when i do my play throughs, but that is based more on accident than it is on purpose sort of thing
    In this case, I convinced him to be knightly rather than vengeful, and we already visited Saerk.

Fingers crossed this all works out!
    sarevok57
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited December 2023
    As of the latest version (v2.6.6 IIRC), Terl will NOT reappear in this way, at least if you choose the killing Saerk and his daughter path, and if you are NOT in a relationship with Anomen, so it appears that this is a bug that has been fixed.

I should know because I tested it today ;)

PS Killing Terl on your first meeting had no effect on this outcome (I checked both possibilities)

PPS I waited 30 days in both cases after resolving things at the Order before I got bored :)
    Post edited by Dharius on