Skip to content

Can’t change camera angle

lummoxybezlummoxybez Member Posts: 33
I used to adjust the camera angle using the middle mouse button/wheel so that the camera was closer to my protagonist and lower down. Now it isn’t working.
Even the PgUp and PgDown keys wont change the camera angle.
The mouse wheel allows me to zoom in and out but I can’t change the angle.

Tried different saves, and also switched camera types, to no avail.

Is there a recent patch that may be causing this problem.
I don’t want to play the game without this functionality.

Comments

• NilhilionNilhilion Member Posts: 2
    Android user here. I have a different camera issue. I used to have my camera set up so it was Drive + Chase combined. So the camera always turned with the character, but I also could use drive controls (the virtual joystick). After recent UI update I unfortunately started fiddling with options, and now I can either have Drive only, but the camera isn't turning with character, or chase only, but then the virtual joystick (drive control) is gone. I tried re-installing etc, but to no avail. Is there any way to have both Drive and Chase back? Maybe via ini tweaks or something? Please help!
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273

@lummoxybez Are you using a KM cable or switch? I have that mouse wheel button problem now that I use one, the middle mouse click does not get sent across the (ICZI A34) KM cable from my mac to my PC so when I play on the PC I cannot use that button to control the camera angle. So I attach a second mouse to the PC and use that one when playing.

• CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited August 2019
    @Nilhilion I have noticed a problem with Drive mode (on PC, I don't have android) in that the Drive mode does not immediately take effect after loading a game and sometimes after an area transition or conversation it seems to get turned off.
    On PC I can open the game Options->Controls screen and see that drive mode is still selected. Once I close that screen the Drive mode becomes active again (the camera suddenly swings around into place).
    Try experimenting and see if you can reproduce something like that behavior and if so post a not here or on the redmine ticket at https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40904

Are you using the retail version or the dev build 8189?