Skip to content

Persistent World (bare bones) starter (how to?)

So I have built a module, that I'd like to run as a persistent world - and I am wondering if anyone knows of a good (and simple) bare bones script for in particular, key PW functions such as, server character vault and saving character progression (in case of server crash)

Or any guides or references for how to setup a PW, like I say, bare-bones as possible, I'm not really looking for a set of rules already written in (such as death system etc) I really just need the saving of character progression and the use of a server vault for characters to start... i think :) thanks!

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    You should be able to google something like "nwn pw vault" and get a couple of PW modules uploaded to the vault. You can take a look at them to get an idea but the minimum is pretty much hosting a module, and the the maximum is having all sorts of external custom features.
  • squattingmonksquattingmonk Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2019
    You don't have to do much setup for this. Character files are saved to the "servervault" folder under the NWN installation directory. Characters are automatically saved on logout. To save characters regularly in case of a crash, you can call ExportAllCharacters() on a pseudo-heartbeat.
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Note: exporting a character (via. ExportSingleCharacter() or ExportAllCharacters()) cancels any bartering that's in progress. So the more often you call it, the more your players will be annoyed for not being able to barter properly.