Skip to content

How to get SCS working with Spell Revision?

TiggerdyretTiggerdyret Member Posts: 10
edited August 2019 in BG:EE Mods
I've resolved all conflicts between SR and SCS through the EE modding install tool, but I keep getting error on SCS and have to skip componetns. Is it simply because these components are incompatible and I can't use them together or is something else going wrong?
It is stated here that the two mods should work together: https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentation/readmes/readme-stratagems.html
It also mention that any conflicts would be resolved silently, but I'm getting messages to skip the failed installs. Most of the components simply doens't install including all AI components, which is a bummer.
Post edited by Tiggerdyret on

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    That tool is unauthorized and unsupported by me (or by SR's maintainers) so I can't help you. If you can reproduce the incompatibility on a standard install of SR and SCS, get back to me with details and I'll see what I can do.
  • TiggerdyretTiggerdyret Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2019
    Deleted
    edited September 2019
    Hi, thanks for responding.
    I did a fresh install of BG1 (steam version without SoD) and installed SR v4 beta 16 and SCS v32.5 manually with the exe installers, but I still get the same errors.

I've attached the debug text from SCS setup

Edit: As long as I don't install SR SCS installs just fine. I haven't had any other problems except for installing SCS.
    Edit: I've tried this on version 1.3 and the latest Steam version with the same results.
    Ok, cool: will check. (Don’t hold your breath: RL).
    Tiggerdyret
    Thanks, don't sweat it. Hopefully others will have use of these two mods together.
    OK: I can't reproduce any of this. BGEE 2.5, SR v4 beta 16, SCS v32.5. All the components install fine.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    In my last install attempt Smarter Mages and Priests seemed to choke on the greater number of monster and animal summoning spells used by SR. There were many other mods installed though.
    edited September 2019
    DavidW wrote: »
    OK: I can't reproduce any of this. BGEE 2.5, SR v4 beta 16, SCS v32.5. All the components install fine.

Thanks David, that is weird. Could you send me some links to both files? Maybe I've downloaded some old versions, that aren't compatible or something.
    Go to www.gibberlings3.net and use the links there (for SCS that should be straightforward, for SR maybe you need to go to its forum given it’s a beta).
    Damn, those are the versions I've been using. Well, I guess I have to skip SR then. Thanks for the help though :)