Skip to content

Dagger of venom for a good-aligned character

2»

Comments

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    My thoughts on the matter are that if a Good person decides that someone needs to die for something or another (let’s ignore the rampant murder-hoboing that goes around BG), they might as well use whatever tools and weapons they want, outside of soul-destroying stuff. Is an axe in the skull really that much better than a poisoned dagger?
    SCARY_WIZARDChronicler
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Rigel wrote: »
    In SoA there is no dagger of venom, and the closest equivalent is Neb's nasty cutter, which just evil characters may use. Is it some kind of inconsistency ?
    An interesting point was mentioned about Varscona - this blade should not be equipped by paladins I think, because it was devised for Sharran priests....

Just for the record. You can buy the dagger of venom at
    The vendor in the red wizard enclave from the Neeras questline - the hidden refuge
    Chronicler
  • Zest001Zest001 Member Posts: 9
    I know this thread is old but I just wanted to say that there are assassins that are lawful neutral, Some assassins serve a king or their nations ruler and their job is to assassinate the nation's enemies. Some are good aligned and kill only those who are a threat to a country or the world then we have those who are just straight up evil.

The use of poison however isn't evil just that some fighters, paladins and monks don't condone such acts because to them it's cowardly, dishonorable or their god doesn't allow it.
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    @Zest001 That's an interesting point.
    Some years ago I read the James Bond's book from Ian Fleming. The character of JB was pretty different from the movies (particularly the movies from the 80's with Roger Moore) : he was a cold-blooded assassin, working for the "good guys" (the West - Fleming's books were written in the 50's). Daniel Craig is closer to the character from the book.