Skip to content

Not transformed Kangaxx

After I reduced the amount of hp Kangaxx to a minimum, he fights on and cannot be killed. What to do?

Comments

• DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Acemdmc wrote: »
    After I reduced the amount of hp Kangaxx to a minimum, he fights on and cannot be killed. What to do?

Reload. I'm aware is a known bug, it happened to me as well. I just reloaded and the battle worked just fine.
    sarevok57gorgonzola
  • AcemdmcAcemdmc Member Posts: 7
    Daevelon wrote: »

Reload. I'm aware is a known bug, it happened to me as well. I just reloaded and the battle worked just fine.

Does not help. I slept, came back, repeatedly lowered hp to a minimum; the result is the same. Saving before the battle, I unfortunately do not have

Does not help. I slept, came back, repeatedly lowered hp to a minimum; the result is the same. Saving before the battle, I unfortunately do not have

I've read that trying to attack him with only one character helps to avoid this bug; apparently it occurs when he receive damage during his transiction to demilich. Even not pausing during the fight seems to help.

I've read that trying to attack him with only one character helps to avoid this bug; apparently it occurs when he receive damage during his transiction to demilich. Even not pausing during the fight seems to help.

didn't help, maybe there is some other way? command in console to kill him? because of him I can’t play further, I like to complete all quests and I don’t want to miss this quest
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Does he keep fighting, or just stand there while you wail on him? Sometimes the trolls fail to transition to their next state as well, because the constant damage overrides their script. You might try backing off and not attacking him for awhile to see his script triggers. If he doesn't kill you, I guess.
    sarevok57gorgonzola
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Does he keep fighting, or just stand there while you wail on him? Sometimes the trolls fail to transition to their next state as well, because the constant damage overrides their script. You might try backing off and not attacking him for awhile to see his script triggers. If he doesn't kill you, I guess.

he continues to fight, during the battle departed from him but nothing has changed
    edited September 2019
    didn't help, maybe there is some other way? command in console to kill him? because of him I can’t play further, I like to complete all quests and I don’t want to miss this quest

You can use consolle, sure, but i'm not 100% sure that killing the lich form will drop the same things of the demilich form. Anyway, for console (instruction from Baldur Wiki):

Enable

Open the Baldur.ini file (located in the BG installaion directory).
    Find the line [Game Options] and add the text Cheats=1 underneath.

Access

Load your game
    Press ctrl and tab together.
    CLUA commands can be entered in the editing area that appears at the bottom of the screen.
    Type: CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()

After that you can kill a creature under cursor with CTRL+Y
    gorgonzola

You can use consolle, sure, but i'm not 100% sure that killing the lich form will drop the same things of the demilich form. Anyway, for console (instruction from Baldur Wiki):

Enable

Open the Baldur.ini file (located in the BG installaion directory).
    Find the line [Game Options] and add the text Cheats=1 underneath.

Access

Load your game
    Press ctrl and tab together.
    CLUA commands can be entered in the editing area that appears at the bottom of the screen.
    Type: CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()

After that you can kill a creature under cursor with CTRL+Y

he still does not die) there seems to be no solution
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so by the looks of it, what has to happen is kangaxx needs to get down to 1 HP and the first global variable by default is 0, but once he reaches that stage, then he is supposed to talk to you and transform into the demilich stage, so you could try a couple of things;

first you could type in this cheat command;

C:SetGlobal("KangaxxHurt","LOCALS",0)

and then bring him down to 1 HP, and see if it continues, if not, then you can try this one;

C:SetGlobal("KangaxxHurt","LOCALS",1)

and hopefully that will start up his dialogue, if not, kangaxx is unkillable, he is wearing an item that will make it so he can never be destroyed ( although perhaps you might be able to INT drain him with the mind flayer transformation of shapechange )

loliengorgonzola
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Unfortunately there are a number of instances in BG2 where a script can fail to trigger at the right time, leaving you with no way to finish the quest. Fortunately this quest is 100 percent optional so your failure to have a pre-battle save is simply a lamentable lack of foresight rather than a game-breaking issue. If you want to complete the quest so you can get treasure, you might consider setting a damage threshold for Kangaxx beyond which you'll consider yourself to have completed the quest, and then manually give yourself the XP/items you would have received from defeating him. But if you want to have the game register the quest as complete and then give you the XP/items properly, @sarevok57 has the right solution. Hope it works!
    dunbargorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    can somebody suggest him how to console in the ring and the xp?

an alternate method is to use a thief (recruit jan and buff him stacking thieving potions) to steal the ring from his lich form, the split second before he turns hostile, and just run away. if it is still possible in EE, in the original it was the way to get 2 rings, one from each form, but the trick is now nerfed, still i am quit convinced that it is still possible to steal from the lich, and then the EE demilich will not have a second ring.
    no console needed and to loose some xp and minor loot is not a problem, the ring is what matters.
    unless you are going for achievements...
    edited September 2019
    and from now on keep the habit to make some save and keep it, bugs or other problems are always possible and having a save is better then fiddle with the console or play again a long part of the game.
    in this case you can continue anyway, but when the bug is in the main plot and you can not fix it, without a save it is game over.
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    can somebody suggest him how to console in the ring and the xp?

an alternate method is to use a thief (recruit jan and buff him stacking thieving potions) to steal the ring from his lich form, the split second before he turns hostile, and just run away. if it is still possible in EE, in the original it was the way to get 2 rings, one from each form, but the trick is now nerfed, still i am quit convinced that it is still possible to steal from the lich, and then the EE demilich will not have a second ring.
    no console needed and to loose some xp and minor loot is not a problem, the ring is what matters.
    unless you are going for achievements...

I've read that the exploit to get a second ring was fixed, and i think it's better... that ring is so powerful
    edited September 2019
    @Daevelon . yes, it is fixed, but if i am correct the way it has been done is that if you pickpocket the lich the semilich has not a second ring, so to steal it should still be possible in EE.

by the way the ring is powerful, but i personally don't like that way of fixing exploits that don't need to be fixed imho.
    most of the players don't pickpocket him, the few that do it can do it for a second ring, and if they have fun why not, or to have the battle with the demilich a little more easy, as you and not him are in possession of the ring.
    it is not something a normal not spoiled player would do by chance, so is not a trick that can be performed not willing to do it, affecting who don't like to have 2 rings.
    even if the politics of beamdog should be to nerf only that kind of tricks that cause problems to the unwilling to do them players, as the developers stated in the forums. :s
    Daevelon
    @Daevelon . yes, it is fixed, but if i am correct the way it has been done is that if you pickpocket the lich the semilich has not a second ring, so to steal it should still be possible in EE.

by the way the ring is powerful, but i personally don't like that way of fixing exploits that don't need to be fixed imho.
    most of the players don't pickpocket him, the few that do it can do it for a second ring, and if they have fun why not, or to have the battle with the demilich a little more easy, as you and not him are in possession of the ring.
    it is not something a normal not spoiled player would do by chance, so is not a trick that can be performed not willing to do it, affecting who don't like to have 2 rings.
    even if the politics of beamdog should be to nerf only that kind of tricks that cause problems to the unwilling to do them players, as the developers stated in the forums. :s

I agree that not every exploit should be fixed, but i consider this situation as a bug: if i already steal the ring i shouldn't get another after the fight.
    sarevok57ThacoBell
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

well you can just console in another ring if you want one everytime you fight him;

C:CreateItem("ring39")

plus you can't pick pocket it from him, even if you had 10 000 000 in pick pocket, in his lich form, its in his armor slot, which cannot be pick pocketed

and the reason why there are 2 rings is because kangaxx the lich and kangaxx the demilich are actually 2 different creatures, each possessing the ring
    gorgonzola
    yes i can console in a second ring, i can also modify it to give 25 to all stats, once a long time ago i downloaded an item that had that characteristic (and it was not fun to use), but this is not the point.
    at least for me.
    the point is to exploit the game, just for the fun to do it, not to have one more powerful item, if i would need more power to beat the game i would instead prefer to slide down the difficulty control. thing that i never do in the game, not even when my toons level up.
    i actually mod my game to be more difficult and chose on purpose to have very average stats charnames because i like the challenge, and my preferred mod component is tactics mod irenicus dungeon because there you can have only very basic items, few ammo so no kiting tactics possible, and very overleveled enemies.

but back to the topic if in EE is not possible to pick pocket the ring then the console is the only hope the OP has.