Skip to content

Need advice about choosing character classes and playing through the Official Campaign....

Hey everyone! I have a couple quick questions for everyone! I am loving the official campaign so far, this is a great game. But here are my questions real quick - first, I am enjoying some of the of the core character classes (I have no intention of the prestige classes, I have no interest in the), I have a fighter, a rogue, and a wizard in the second chapter. Those are my favorite classes, as I have not ever played the other ones. I am toying with the ideas of completing the official campaign with all classes - including the ones I have never played before - but I am curious as to if you guys feel that is a waste of time...? Should I just beat the game with my three characters and call it quits, or is there logic behind playing all of the classes for the full NWN:EE experience? My second question is... having multiple characters ready to play, should I play through the whole game with one character class, and go to the next one, and so on...? Or should I play through each chapter with each character class before moving on to the next chapter? Any help/advice is appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

Comments

• DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    There is that much changed content between classes. (maybe combination of classes/alignment/skill distributions)

Still I think you're better playing other modules once you finish OC.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    Monk is interesting combat-wise, also either Ranger or Druid for the animal interactions...

... but I agree that playing the best of the fan-made modules is more exciting than replaying the OC with different classes. You can choose modules that bring out the best in a different class if you like.

• NeveroddoreveNNeveroddoreveN Member Posts: 173
    Hey guys! I am 100% into doing all the DLC and modules after the official campaign. That is a given. But I go back to my two initial questions - first, like I said, I am really into fighters, rogues, and wizards (I have one of each in the second chapter of the official campaign), but I am wondering if I should play the other core classes for the "full NWN:EE experience". And second, should I play each class through one chapter and then tackle the next chapter with each class, or should I play the whole game through with one class before playing with another....? Again, any advice is appreciated! Thanks so much, everyone!!
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    From what I can recall, there isn't THAT much class-specific content in the NWN OC. There is stuff that's written for characters of different stats (like, Wise or Intelligent characters will often get different responses from ones that have low Wis/Int), and there's also a fair bit of attention paid to characters who invested in conversational skills like Bluff/Intimidate/Persuade (in fact, I would highly recommend putting points into one of the three for every character you play), and as Proleric mentioned, Druids/Rangers sometimes get additional options for interacting with animal NPCs.

It may be interesting for you to replay each chapter with your 3 favourite classes as you go through each Chapter so you can immediately spot what was different each time, but other than that, it's completely up to you. :)

I heartily recommend trying out the 3 main campaigns, followed by the Premium modules. I'm currently playing through Pirates of the Sword Coast, which I've never played before, and I'm enjoying it a lot.
  • NeveroddoreveNNeveroddoreveN Member Posts: 173
    Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread! My only two reasons to play the other core classes (the ones aside from fighter, rogue, or wizard) are that I have never played them before, and in case I play online with someone, and they need a character class like those. What do you guys think about playing the game with each core class? I have made characters for each class, three of which are in the second chapter, but I am curious to see what everyone thinks about either completing the game with one class and then move to the next one, or play each chapter with each class before going to the next chapter? What are your thoughts?