Skip to content

Help Copying SoD Items into BG2EE Override (Mac)

grlndbrggsgrlndbrggs Member Posts: 14
edited September 2019 in General Modding
Trying to figure out how to extract/create certain BG/SoD items that NI doesn't list as existing in BG2.

I'm running my PC version of BG2EE on an MBP via CrossOver. (I suppose this means that the Mac Weidu Launcher is the only OSX-specific thing I'm actually using... nwstanding CrossOver?).

I'm an utter neophyte... and can't quite suss out where/what the snags.

Dealing w the SoD item "Sable Cloak" here, but... I think(?) the overall intent/function ought to apply to any BG/SoD-exclusive item when it comes to running/creating the "mod".

1. I've placed the Mac Weidu Launcher in the resources folder which contains the chitin.key as well as the "SableC" folder I've created.

The latter includes:

(a) an "Itm" folder that has the extracted BDCLCK02.itm
(b) the SableC.tp2 I wrote/re-purposed using NotePad++

20x35ry9oxog.png

2hn9v2na7cge.png

Double-clicking the Launcher does seem to result in some recognition of the folder/script, and I'm able to select "SableC" from the helpful dialogue box as well.

2. But it doesn't look like Terminal is doing/running anything, and I've not had much success determining what an mwl.command amounts to/implies.

ox06tka8j6fi.png

3. Perhaps predictably, attempting to C:CreateItem("BDCLCK02") results in an "Error File BDCLCK02 does not exist".

Sort of ham-fisted/starting from scratch, and I'm not even sure how much actual work I've done... so at the risk of coming across as incompetent/entitled... or both.... I was hoping someone in the know might be willing to lend a hand/clarify a couple of things for me.

Would vm appreciate it.
Post edited by grlndbrggs on

Comments

• You say you placed the BDCLCK02.itm in the itm folder. But you try to copy SCRL3F.itm to your override. That does not seem right.

I hope it is this simple :)
  • grlndbrggsgrlndbrggs Member Posts: 14
    Crap. Thanks for pointing that out.

Been toying w a handful of variants, and I'd left the Diary of Sarevok's .itm in there from an earlier/aborted attempt (said Diary already exists in BG2). Pretty sloppy stuff.

Kinda wish it was that simple... Have tried this w a couple of correctly matched items already (including the amended script for Sable Cloak), and unless I'm fudging some other part of the code, I can't seem to create/copy the item(s) in the override folder.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I didnt notice you responded, if you upload your files I can check them.