Skip to content

Will there be an Enhanced version of ToEE? If not, plz do say why.

CoreCoreCoreCore Member Posts: 6
I enjoy seeing the new Enhanced versions of some of my favorite past D&D-like games, and i may purchase them depending on how & in what form they are "delivered", so thank you greatly BeamDog.

But, why is there not an Enhanced version of The Temple of Elemental Evil (ToEE)? For years i have been playing a very good version developed by Co8, which is marvelous, but can it not also be "enhanced" as well?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    1. Beamdog doesn't own the rights.
    2. Beamdog has said they are done with remasters and want to make their own games.
  • CoreCoreCoreCore Member Posts: 6
    @ThacoBell, where did you find this information?
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Alas, there seems to be to few of us ToEE turn-based lovers around to spark dev interest. I'm guessing, but if there was or had been enough outcry for this it would have happened. Co8 has done great things for this game. They made better patches for the bugs/issues than the actual developer, expanded it to "The Keep on the Borderlands" module. But, alas, that is all we will probably get.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well it's not an ie game for one thing.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited October 2019
    CoreCore wrote: »
    @ThacoBell, where did you find this information?

in the: Beamdog Update, February 20, 2019

there is a paragraph that says as follows;

Looking into the past has been an interesting journey for us, but Beamdog is starting to look forward. We’re interested in working on our own original products, so it’s likely that the next things you see from Beamdog will be original products, instead of more Enhanced Editions. We can’t say for certain what the next project is. Right now we’re looking at our options.

the link for this update can be found here;

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74622/beamdog-update-february-20-2019/p1
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    I'm looking forward to see their new products. Axis & Allies Online is a very good product. Ive enjoyed it ever since Early Access. So glad to see they keep developing that game still.

Looking forwad to new fun stuff :)