Skip to content

Custom Henchman Override

Can somebody give me a custom henchman a.i. that I can drop into my override folder? I don't use a PC, playing on mobile.

Comments

• GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    Here it is:
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/henchman-inventory-battle-ai-mod

However it will break some modules such as Enigma Island, so use it your own risk.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 330
    edited October 2019
    @Grymlorde Sorry, but there is nothing there to drop into override.

I dont have access to a PC so im unable to extract a .hak. Using Android here. So if somebody could extract a Henchman a.i. override from a hak file i would appreciate it.
    I guess nobody is willing or able to drop me a henchman and a.i. override? The henchmen in this game are atrocious and kill all the fun. Please will somebody make a download available that I can put in my override to make this game better?I do not have access to a p.c. Im playing on android and my god these henchmen are killing me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    I extracted the above linked EXE download into a folder and zipped it back up. Don't ask me how to use it, as I've never even looked at it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t3rIE-aCquUSdoSFOq2ayPjg6sVUu30y/view?usp=sharing
    @Pstemarie Thank you, that worked. I was playing last night and getting super frustrated with the henchman.
    edited October 2019
    @Allanon81 Glad it worked. I've personally never had an issue with the henchmen. Were you playing the OC or one of the expansions?
    @Pstemarie I'm playing SoU right now, but I had this henchman override before, but it was included in a gigantic override on Neverwinter vault that also changed textures, gui, etc. Can't remember the name of it though. I think its Gigantic something override. But, this seemed to make the behavior of henchmen smarter, and enemies. I just threw it in now, and saw it working for a second, I'm going to play later. I hope it helps keep them from being stuck on edges and corners so much. That's whats killing me is they stay rooted to an edge or a corner sonetimes and theres a D@!N battle going on and I die and I gotta reload over and over. I mean by god!
    edited October 2019
    @Allanon81 yeah, that would be annoying. What you're describing sounds more like a pathfinding issue as opposed to an AI issue. After a few seconds, if the creature can't find a path to the target, it times out and gets stuck. My guess is that TonyK modified the pathfinding in some way.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the thing to remember as well, SoU by default is a pretty difficult campaign, especially if you are playing with higher difficulty settings
    @Pstemarie Its been working pretty well so far, haven't really noticed any issues with my hencman getting stuck. The customization of telling your henchman how to fight is better. Just got to Anauroch desert and dem stingers are a biatch.But the only thing is my familiar runs away alot more and I guess thats just to keep them from dying cuz they're weak.
    edited June 2021
    Disregard
    Post edited by Allanon81 on