Skip to content

Bug: Can't re-enter lowest levels in Durlag's Tower after beating final boss

EVENT: Upon re-entering Durlag's tower to return to the final area to reclaim the loot I was unable to carry, I was unable to teleport down to the final levels. No invisible foes present. The lower levels become completely inaccessible.

EXPECTED OUTCOME: I can re-enter an elemental room to go to the lower levels.

Platform: PS4

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Please move the topic to the bg section, this is the bg2 one.
    I can not help you with your problem.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Given that killing the Fission Slime in the Earth chamber is the trigger that teleports you to the Chess room I'd always assumed that the lowest levels were a one-off shot because a) you can't retrace your steps backwards from the chess room, and b) if I were to return later to the Earth chamber there wouldn't be a fission slime left to kill and thus no trigger for teleportation.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any part of the plot sequence that resets itself after I've completed it once, so I never expected this to be any different.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The way that sequence is supposed to work:

Each elemental chamber has a key monster; Kaldran the Bear, the Air Aspect, the Fission Slime, and the Phoenix Guards. You must kill each of them (one Phoenix Guard suffices), and will be teleported to the chess game upon killing the last.

On future trips, visiting any elemental chamber teleports you to the chessboard.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i always do the pheonix guard room last