Skip to content

How do I remove kits from my EET game?

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
Just asking, if it's possible

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I'm referring also to original kits, for example I would like to remove dragon disciple. I'm doing that to make the game as "clean" as I would like it to be. Especially when I see stuff that is blatantly overpowered. Call it a matter of "consistency" within the game itself.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Automated targeting (e.g. with WeiDu) might be a bit tedious, but if you don't need it to be automated, open up K_X_Y.2da and remove lines that list the kit numbers of kits you dislike. I don't have NI available to me right now, but if you check KITLIST.2da, you should be able to find the kit number for any kit.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Removing native content may lead to nasty side effects, the better approach is to hide what you don't want to see (it is what DoF does with the vanilla cleric kits, by the way).
    Thanks to you both.

@raduziel are you 100% sure that removing native content may lead to nasty side effects? There are mod for classical baldur's gate that used to do that.

For example, in the past you used the "mod kit remover" to make TDD compatible with Baldur's gate, given that TDD added a copious amount of kits (like 255 if I don't remember wrong)?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Arthas I said that it may lead. It is not unusual to see a resource being used somewhere apparently unrelated - the command DELETE from Weidu, for instance, has a caution advice in Weidu's tutorial.

This is specially complicated if you use mods as it isn't rare that a mod uses or copies games resources for its own purpose - this may lead to crashes or, best case scenario, installation failure for them.

Of course, everything may work just fine but it is a risk I wouldn't take.
    okay, thank you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.