Skip to content

Is charname really able to beat the boss in watcher's keep? (Spoiler)

2»

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Yes. The amount of avatars a deity or similarly powerful outsider can manifest depends on both their ranks and how many aspects they possess. Our Demi-kun here has three aspects (Ahmon-Ibor, Siosivash and Leemooggoogoon), so he luckily still has two more to play around with on Faerun.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Without Charname none of the other companions have access to 'Power Word-Reload', though. That's the real game changer! ;)

i disagree
    that power is a player's power, not charname's one.
    it is consequence of the power word save, together they are the utter power in gaming, but, as always with the most powerful things, a certain wisdom in how to use them is needed, other way...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7RCUCEM6XY
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Arvia wrote: »
    If you do Watcher's Keep in ToB, I don't consider it unrealistic to beat the Prince of Demons, if you're only a few steps away from being the potential new Lord of Murder.

It's nothing personal, but I think that the "but you're a potential lord of murder" card has been pulled whenever someone wants to validate some sort of powergame, lack of balance or absurdness in the game.

I do agree that a group of characters above level 20 can indeed face and possibly defeat Demogorgon because at such high levels you can do anything *period*, but I think that this discussion is actually quite positive to speculate how Watcher's Keep could have been written had they had more time and opportunity to do so.

Ah, okay, then I guess I kind of missed the point of the discussion. I never considered Watcher's Keep badly written for lack of time or opportunity, because it's just the "get more XP and amazing stuff" extra dungeon like Durlag' Tower to me. I never expected an extraordinary side story. Maybe I'm too easily pleased.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    i disagree
    that power is a player's power, not charname's one.
    it is consequence of the power word save, together they are the utter power in gaming, but, as always with the most powerful things, a certain wisdom in how to use them is needed, other way...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7RCUCEM6XY

Then who was controlling Bondari, I wonder...
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Does Charname have the ability to use spike traps?

If yes: Of course.
    If no: No.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    It is possible ina pc-game , but I don't see it happening in a novel because ... Charname can't reload a game in "real" life.

This. If you didn’t beat him on the first try without reloading, then Charname didn't really beat him.

I guess charname really died to that lucky Carbos critical...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    nevermind demogorgon, how about metastophalies? that dude is literally one of the most powerful devils period with maybe....................... asmodeus ( i believe that is the ruler of the 9th layer? ) being more powerful, but if so, it would be just barely

but anyway, every time i fight metastophalies i am going solo and i am only level... 28/29ish? in fact i remember being level 25 the first time i took this guy out solo, are you friggin kidding me? and how in the sweet hades can a solo level 25 character take out one of the most powerful devils in the multiverse;

rxazcxnym9qn.jpg
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Where is Metastophalies?
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Mephistofeles appears in Hordes of the Underdark, expansion to Neverwinter Nights.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Artona wrote: »
    Mephistofeles appears in Hordes of the Underdark, expansion to Neverwinter Nights.
    You can learn his true name for some shenanigans.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    If I understand correctly, Amelyssan was on the verge of ascension to godhood herself, when she fought Charname, as she controlled entirety of Bhaal's essense (with exception of Charname's divine spark, and maybe Imoen's). So, if we can beat her, surely Demogorgon isn't much more powerful?
    But my knowledge of the lore isn't very good, so I may be mistaken.
    Let me just add that Ascension mod expands god-like powers. It really makes you feel that you are becoming something more than just high-level adventurer. I guess that it makes slaying Demogorgon more believable.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    You can learn his true name for some shenanigans.

I think "canonically" that's probably how your character is supposed to defeat Mephistopheles, using that to banish him back to the Nine Hells.